Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kaylomaster

What's the scariest thing you've ever seen? [bump]

AgentSpork said:

This is probably the most frightening thing I've experienced in my whole life. I had been sleeping on the couch in my (then) living room, and at one point I had woken up but couldn't move or even open my eyes. I remember hearing a couple of my family members chatting and watching TV, so I kept trying to scream out for help, to no avail. Naturally, a feeling of panic and absolute terror swept over me as I was essentially trapped in my own body, unable to do anything but think.

I've experienced this a couple of times and I've come to learn how to deal with it. I've found that when I've succumbed to this feeling of terror, the feeling passes after a few seconds and I'm usually awake after 10-20 seconds. So what I do is basically "give in" to the terror and let out a Macaulay-Culkin-esque scream (it's all imagined so I'm not actually screaming). This causes the feeling to go away instantly and I'm out of the paralysis after a few seconds.

Then I start wondering when it's going to happen to me again because it's so awesome.

Not really scary-scary, but last night I dreamt of a sort of Svankmayer-esque Doom level (filled with theatrical props, backdrops, separes, tents and assorted junk), in the usual dreamy "Doom but realistic" style, roamed by a hydrocephalic cyberdemon of sorts. Its body was "normal" in size, but the head was broader than its shoulders, like a giant pumpkin, and the horns had been swallowed in the abnormal growth. It basically looked like a cyberdemon with a grotesque jack-o-lantern where its head should be.

Its texture however was like papier-mâché made from sandpaper, making it look even more Svankmajer-esque. It has a very coarse, flat looking texture and I could actually see the "glitters" from the sandpaper. In any case, this "cyberdemon" was harmless: it could not even walk well, and often stumbled, lamed or got stuck in the architecture. No, I didn't try to "rip and tear" it, nor fist it ;-)

Your posting.

I am seriously disappointed that that hasn't already been said.

Craigs said:

Your posting.

I'd rather qualify Joe's posting as scary, all appearing out of a sudden and full of shit at someone.

Craigs said:

If you aren't part of the solution, then you're part of the problem.

eargosedown said:

Hallucinations during sleep paralysis are also very very life-like because they're usually meshed together with what you're actively seeing.

The best hallucinations are those that completely overwhelm what you're seeing without actually changing the details in your field of vision... It's hard to explain, but I once hallucinated being on top of a train's passenger wagon, looking into a mellowing orange sunset surrounded by gorgeous purple clouds. Once I broke free, I realized I was just looking at that particular's room decoration and scattered objects from an odd angle. There was no fading, nothing was lost in a swirl of smoke or gradually became transparent, I was just looking at things wrong, the way you may, bored out of your mind, look at the creases of your pillow and image they're canyons in an alien planet.

printz said:

So basically SP happens if part of you wants to wake the hell up, and another insists on finishing the dream?

Hmm, maybe. Sometimes the conscious bit of my brain insists on finishing the dream, i was having an awesome one last night about being followed by some type of conspiracy of spies (all with cool classic cars), "my girlfriend" said i should have a showdown with them so i learned thier patterns for following me and tricked them all into following me into the grounds of a big old mansion (which was now offices or something) with only one way out. I was then "back to the wall" and ready to fight for my life... and woke up!

Oddly in this dream i was not me but a highly mary-sue ish character based on me that i crapped out to fill up two pages in my self-published comic. And it's actually the second dream i've had about that character since i invented him a couple of months ago... in the previous one he was also being pursued by "enemies" in a classic car, but this time they were anti-animal testing maniacs (who are the enemies in the actual story too)