Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Carny Goat

Birdman's Wads?

A long time ago, I once visited an old site made by some doom author nicknamed "Birdman" who made a multiplayer map pack named BoomTown and one solo/co-op play map pack called "Lost In Time."

I haven't seen anymore of his works since 2006 and his site has disappeared from the net since.

I'd much like to find out if his wad has been uploaded anywhere. I would show some screen shots, but I'm afraid they would be too outdated to recognize.

I searched many places, and I wanted to see if anyone else knew where to find some of his wads?

Hi this is Birdman From Bird Nest Designs and Chris sent me this link and I asked him to reply to it for me. I'm still working on on my wad but not as much since I have a busy working 2 jobs. I will be putting up my full web site sometime in June and I asked Chris to post my current link for now, as well as the link to down load my last up dated Lost In Time Wad. If you go to my web site I have up dated it in the last 2 weeks and will continue to do so as Randy post new engines and acc's and Zdoom Node Builders. If you have any questions feel free to ask me. Have a nice day and lets keep building for everyone to enjoy.

Birdman

BirdmanILL said:

Hi this is Birdman From Bird Nest Designs and Chris sent me this link and I asked him to reply to it for me. I'm still working on on my wad but not as much since I have a busy working 2 jobs. I will be putting up my full web site sometime in June and I asked Chris to post my current link for now, as well as the link to down load my last up dated Lost In Time Wad. If you go to my web site I have up dated it in the last 2 weeks and will continue to do so as Randy post new engines and acc's and Zdoom Node Builders. If you have any questions feel free to ask me. Have a nice day and lets keep building for everyone to enjoy.

Birdman

oh man Birdman! You're the reason I downloaded Zdoom in teh first place. Nice to see you here.

I strongly apologize for bumping this.

It's been a long time. But the most I could get out of this was a version of the July 5th 2003 Boomtown Wad. If anyone is out there, who never deletes anything, and has a vast archive of wads that span from 1999.

I'm looking for the first version of Boomtown made from 1999. Wayback Machine and all web archives do not seem to carry it. (Same with the Lost in Time wad) I've stayed up half the night trying to collect these wads. But it seems my search is fruitless. Why this particular wad? (Not to mention my search has been off and on over the years)

Well... It was my first Doom modification I ever used. I ask anyone who has a copy of it that reads a digital signature of x/x/1999. It would mean the world to me to have it in my grasp. Or any other version created between 2003 of July 5th and 1999. If I could get each version of it from it's start. I'd be one hell of a happy guy.

Heres what I do got.

Boomtown 7/5/2003
Boomtown 4/1/2006
Lostr2 10/25/2004
Lostr2 1/20/2007
Lostr3 3/5/2009

I will not be bumping this post again. This will be the last call before I hang-up and give up the quest. So, if your one of those guys who never deletes and hordes a giant doom archive of many mods and wads, and may have this in your inventory. Then this maybe where your the coolest person in the world.

Wow, it's been a long time since we heard of Birdman, yet again.
Well, I hope he gets his stuff done.

And boy oh boy has this been quite a long gap for a necropost.

Now all that remains, is the February 16th 2003 release. And the November 1st 1999 Release of Boomtown. Damn Wayback Machine is really usefull for charting the exact dates of these files. Too bad it never saves the good stuff :( (Keep in mind, the actual file dates may not match the original as they could've been a day or more from creation to upload.)

Searching all the dusty corners of my stacks of CDs, I found another version of Boomtown, I think. The current version available from Birdman's website is dated 7/16/11, size 21,420,442. I found one named Boomtown-patch.wad, dated 1/11/12, size 21,185,281. I have no idea where I got this from. The date may be spurious as it may have come from some ftp site. You're the expert on Boomtown. Do you recognize the file size? Is this something you need?

EDIT: Never mind. I found where I found it: best-ever.org/wads. I also opened it in an editor and found the internal wad structure different from other versions of Boomtown. 23 of the maps were at the end of the wad instead of at the beginning, which tells me those maps were edited and then saved. I guess somebody else has a over-arching love for Boomtown.

Actually Effing. I found those versions before. And the Patch might be completely unrelated. As far as I can tell. There's no other internet source available that would have versions of that wad dating back to 99 and the February 16th 2003 release. These are the last two known.

Birdman, your site is up, and I thank you for your efforts. But I happen to be searching for each revision of Boomtown instead of the most current release. I have the latest revision you made. That being said. I only have two to go. Your November 1999 and February 16th 2003 releases. I think the first one I ever used was the February 16th 2003 release.

Boomtown last up date was 7-16-11 I added the sky's from Lost In Time. My life has gotten so busy I haven't had anytime to work on Lost In Time but what is there will have to do for now. I have plans to build once things slow down for me. Anyone who wants to build a wad for the game I would more than happy to place it in the game and give credit to the creator.

Birdman