• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mammajamma

Doomworld's political compass

http://www.politicalcompass.org/printablegraph?ec=-0.88&soc=-2.46

Economic Left/Right: -0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.46

It's not that I'm stuck in the middle, really. Anyone with common sense can see that both the left and right have merits, it seems to me that those who cling exclusively to the left or right are narrow-minded assholes who hide behind their affilitaion so they don't have to think anything through.

destx said:

Anyone with common sense can see that both the left and right have merits, it seems to me that those who cling exclusively to the left or right are narrow-minded assholes who hide behind their affilitaion so they don't have to think anything through.

Being open-minded is overrated.

Economic left/right: 3.0. Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.79.
Seems right. I believe in free markets and the ability for corporations to do business, but the ability of citizens to make decisions and decide what to do with their lives. Microsoft wants to install it's OS and browser on the same computer, great! Women want to terminate their pregnancy and homosexuals want to get married, great! People should be free to do what they want, and companies should be free to do business. The only line I draw is with welfare, if people just don't want to work God bless them, I fail to see how it's societies responsibility to support them.

TBQH capitalism really can't flourish in a free market. Eventually one corporation is going to eat all the others and it will be exactly the same as a state-owned industry, albeit privately-owned, so with no interest in the well-being of the nation. Regulatory measures for businesses were created to let freedom for smaller businesses flow, so that they don't get quashed before they even have a chance to compete.

Also, there are a lot of people on welfare who CAN'T work for one reason or another. They are who the system was made for. Unfortunately, there are a lot of abusers.

Economic Left/Right: -6.12
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -1.69

Not surprising.

Economic Left/Right: -5.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.36

I'm surprised I'm that far to the economic left. The Social bit doesn't.

One thing that I've noticed, is that most people fall in the green zone, collectivist libertarians.

Which is common sense I suppose. The green-zone I take it as: Let me join whatever group I want, and I will adhere, but please allow me to leave freely if I can and lose the membership benefits. That seems reasonable.

GhostlyDeath said:

I've always had a feeling that pretty much all of Doomworld was full of corrupt left wing people...

Mind not only rusted shut but welded, bolt-locked and thrown in a safe with Reagan's face on it.

I know No. 8 of the posting Guidelines is sorta vague but There's no doubt in my mind you're asking for flames with your implications, stereotypes, and generalizations.

And to sate the ones who will point to me for derailing, meeeh here's mine. This test kinda pissed me off somewhat.

better go set up the gulags.

I remember being dead center on the libertarian side, but take it with a grain of salt because I am too bewildered and uninformed about politics so far to form a solid opinion on much of anything (though I plan on changing that with time). Both sides leave a bad taste in my mouth. If held at gunpoint I would probably go left, but mainly because there doesn't seem to be a great obligation to enter under a religious/moral pretext like over on the right. There's a lot of heavy Bible-thumping over on the right, and I find amassed organized religion to be a serious bane on civilization (though not faith itself). There's enough room for atheists like myself on the left, but it's like you have to be religious to belong/relate to conservative ideology. I would only choose left with great apprehension though, because the victim mentality underlining liberalism is annoying. Yes, I know not all liberals or conservatives are rejects, but I'm just too disgusted with the mainstream political spectrum as a whole to align myself with either. I imagine myself becoming a sort of nihilistic independent.

"Are these people going to hurt us, Walter?"
"No, Donny, these are nihilists. It's nothing to be afraid of."

I think the phrase you're aiming for is apolitical.

Snakes said:

"Are these people going to hurt us, Walter?"
"No, Donny, these are nihilists. It's nothing to be afraid of."

I think the phrase you're aiming for is apolitical.

That too.

Update - we finally have someone in the blue quadrant.

(520x440 - 9.5k)

Fiend and Partition36 both scored -7.38 by -4.67, for Iori and Quasar it's -5.88 by -5.79.
If this keeps happening I'll consider using different coloured dots.

I find it interesting that I'm the only person less than one block away from the center.

Ralphis - Fair & Balanced

Anyone who scored in the Red or Blue is going to be first against the wall when the revolution starts.

No, firing squads and bullets cost money. We'll work them to death in the gulags.

Ralphis said:

Fox News - Fair & Balanced

Fixed.

GreyGhost, do you think you could add names and double the size, or would that be too much work for you?

Also, I'd throw 'em in the gas chambers instead.

come to think of it I don't know why it scored me as authoritarian, since I think a lot of the problems that exist in the country today stem from the government being TOO authoritarian (like the EPA, for example.)

I think it misunderstood me about some issues, like excessive sexual open-ness being harmful to society, where I answered that I agree. It interpreted that as "I agree and wish that a dictator would get rid of people who are sexually open", when I really meant "I agree but there's really nothing that can be done about it which doesn't violate the Constitution"

GhostlyDeath said:

I agree (see other thread).

I do hope you realize he's not serious, and I hope you aren't either ( Unless I can't detect sarcasm over the internet....).

I took this quiz a while back and it said that I was a Communist because I think bottled water is a good idea. Dead serious.

Csonicgo said:

I do hope you realize he's not serious, and I hope you aren't either ( Unless I can't detect sarcasm over the internet....).

Nothing wrong with fox news unless you've never watched it