Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ribo Zurai

Searching for Slaughter WADs

I am somewhat bored. I need of WADs with a large amount of monsters, an average of +300 is enough. Does anyone knows good slaughter wads? But not these ones, because I know them:

- Alien Vendetta
- HR1 and HR2
- Drown in Blood
- Nuts Series
- Holy Hell (The best one yet)
- Shaitan's Luck
- Plutonia
- BBB.wad
- Generator of Evil

So... Does anyone know anything else?

Sunder (WIP, check thread in this forum)
NewGothic (same as above)
Tom19 (available on DSDA)
Longdays
CyberSky
Freak4 map...08? can't remember which one exactly.
CC3 Map29
To Fight (2fight.wad)
No Chance
Eaxt
Scythe and Scythe 2 hell episodes
The Spire and The Spire 2

oneweek.wad
bldnight.wad
Dark Resolution 2008 (2nd half)
Kama Sutra

Deus Vult
Deus Vult 2 1st release (how did you miss these?)

and I'm working on a huge DV style slaughter map which may in fact end up to be bigger.

DoomHero85 said:
Deus Vult
Deus Vult 2 1st release (how did you miss these?)

I didn't, I played these until their ends. I thought these two ones were too obvious to be in the list. =p

PsychoPhobia has at least 100 monsters per map, and I think that's on I'm Too Young To Die.

CC1 map29 (That was Magikal's last map if I remember correctly)
CC2 map24 (It's mostly chaingunners, though, and they shoot at you from the guard towers)

Holy Hell - Plays like a miniature Nuts in a surprisingly bland looking environment. Get's an immediate star for the ghoulish atmosphere created by the "Super Castlevania IV" music.

Gave this a whirl today, only completed the first MAP so far due to the sheer length. I'd classify it as a Joke WAD given the deliberately bland rooms and the inconsistentcy in theme, the combat is grossely monstrous with hundreds of enemies coming at you from several directions. Initially it's quite boring as the outside area allows you a breadth of movement and it often boils down to the mind numbing tedium of running in circles while constantly firing. Good use of teleporters to keep the player sandwiched suffice for this, once you enter the main building fight's become more intense with tight corridor battles limiting your movement, often forcing a combination of rockets and charging head first into a horde with the BFG to avoid being cornered.

Ammunition is dangerously balanced, you've got just enough to get the job done and it's often not immediately in sight, infighting is a necessity at times but you may find it horrendously dull due to the stupid scale of the battles. I find it plays similiar to Sunder without the unique architecture, addictive nature or attention to creating anything sufficiently worthwhile. Perhaps it's a guilty pleasure to enjoy this plight of facing constant hordes. Every room is a replication of it's former self, tons of enemies, run in circles, but take care not to go wild with the BFG. Plenty of Spheres and Armor however their spread sparsely throughout.

If anything witnessing a near impossible fight and working out the correct tactic makes it worthwhile.

The first map alone has 6751 monsters which took 84 minutes to complete. Not entirely sure if every map is completable from a pistol start as the comment sections may be referring to the old version, the start of MAP02 has every weapon available however.

Oh pfft, it's already been mentioned, atleast I gave a slight glance as what to expect.

-Titan 2 then.

If you are just looking to kill monsters and not care too much about the architecture, you can always check Oblige as it has settings to provide large amounts of monsters. The levels are actually pretty good for a level generator, so you will definitely have fun.