Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NaturalTvventy

Player starts ignoring skill settings

Hey y'all,

So I'm trying to make a map where there are player starts in different places depending on skill level. but player starts seem to ignore 'easy medium hard' settings. any way to get around this? what a pain.

NT

You can try a small starting area, with a teleporter leading you to different locations according to skill setting.

andrewj said:

99% of people play on UV anyway

And then half of them moan that a mod designed for a modern audience is too hard despite the fact it was them who ignored the available easier settings.

andrewj said:

99% of people play on UV anyway (and the rest are probably girls).

You win Andrew.

Anyway, I think no girls likes FPS games. ;-P

Karnizero said:

You win Andrew.

Anyway, I think no girls likes FPS games. ;-P

*me and eargosedown raise hand*

Enjay said:

And then half of them moan that a mod designed for a modern audience is too hard despite the fact it was them who ignored the available easier settings.

Those people annoy me. Mainly because I was like that before. I have recently returned to the glory of HMP and HNTR.

Teleport things appear to obey skill settings (skulltag did, so maybe zdoom variants as well?). You could either make an entry area with a teleport needed to advance and then use teleport things to change up where a player continues from based on skill - or if you want them to start in different areas place the player start in a pitch black dummy sector with 0 friction and a fast conveyor belt toward a teleport linedef. The player will see what happens but if you make it dark and fast enough it will be a split second thing.

Cheers,
Travers