Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ah so you are taking IDL in an entirely new direction...again?

Welp, time to think of some shitty doom/hockey franchise double entendres

st.alfonzo said:

Ever so slightly reminiscent of Dodge ball Doom. Plus puck.

Or that MBF demonstration map.

TheMionicDonut said:

Welp, time to think of some shitty doom/hockey franchise double entendres

5-3.WAD

Now that the rink and steps are done, it's time to start working on finer details like the giant television screens over center ice, flashing marquees, and tunnels out of the 100 level seating sections. I think I can do 200 level seating sections with midtex but that's gonna be such a pain in the ass. I feel like I've already what is probably the nicest arena ever to be mapped into Doom. We'll see as this continues on...

The plan is to make a ZDoom mod using decorate/acs so that this can be played over Skulltag in a team mode. If it comes to fruition as I intend, it'll be very arcade-like compared to an actual hockey sim game. Big hits will be emphasized :)

However, again, who knows how that will go as I'm unlikely to sit down and learn all of the necessary DECORATE/ACS work needed to carry out a project like this. If anybody is remotely interested in getting on board with this, let me know and maybe we can talk.

Holy Fuck on a pogostick that looks awesome.
I propose a sequel: A football field. And if you lose, a swarm of rowdy fans rush the field and beat your team to death.

Oh, and who are the teams going to be? Skulltag VS ZDaemon? Doomworld VS Newdoom? Redwings VS Bruins?

I think I can do 200 level seating sections with midtex but that's gonna be such a pain in the ass. I feel like I've already what is probably the nicest arena ever to be mapped into Doom. We'll see as this continues on...

If you want this for ZDoom and Skulltag why don't you just use a portal for the upper level?

Blzut3 said:

If you want this for ZDoom and Skulltag why don't you just use a portal for the upper level?

Because I'm a doom mapping relic. Stay off my lawn!

lol cool
I've been planning a hockey wad too, but a single player wad set in a hockey rink where you start out in the parking lot in the team bus, then find room keys and hockey equipment and stuff, then play on the ice against monsters with cybers as goalies and switches behind them in the net to score, then a big slaughterfest against the audience, etc. (plus some spying on girls in the shower). I haven't started though, and this has nothing to do with your wad.

Doom Marine said:

Wow, I can't do better than that.

lol

btw, are you sure this is scaled to NHL regulation? The neutral zone looks a lot bigger than usual.

Actually you're right, I was mostly eyeballing the lines. When I had said to NHL regulation scale earlier, I actually just meant the rink size. However, I spent this morning fixing it up to match the NHL lines a lot better. It's not perfect but it's pretty close. Aside from the neutral zone, I resized the ref's crease and the trapezoid behind the goal as well as a few other rink/arena touchups.

About to go into the process of setting up a decent game mode and trying to make it fun. It'll be hockey but it will have to be embellished.

I already have a puck in the rink to knock around, but it's just too small and not fun to hit in Doom. Have to figure out how to make it fun...

Ralphis said:

I already have a puck in the rink to knock around, but it's just too small and not fun to hit in Doom. Have to figure out how to make it fun...

When Fox aired NHL games in the mid-to-late 90's, they digitally imposed trails onto the puck to make it easier to follow, like so:

Perhaps emulating that would help with the seeing the puck. Either that, or make the puck absurdly big.

LOL@"Startan Center"

I hereby nominate this as the coolest thing I've seen all week.