Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iAmCodeMonkey666

problems making new rocket launcher DECORATE code work...

Hey!

I am having problems getting my DECORATE code to work properly in DB2 and I am not sure what is wrong...

//weapon 5 - rocket
actor MissileLauncher : RocketLauncher 20015
{
Inventory.PickupMessage "R3400 Missile Launcher Found!"
Inventory.PickupSound "misc/weaponPickup"
Weapon.AmmoGive 1
Weapon.AmmoUse 1
AttackSound "misc/rocketFire"
States
{
Spawn:
RCKT A -1
Loop
Ready:
RCKH A -1 A_WeaponReady
Loop
Select:
RCKH A -1 A_Raise
Loop
Deselect:
RCKH A -1 A_Lower
Loop

}
}

In DB2, the new decorate menu comes up in the things mode, but there is no sprite picture in the preview window, and in game all there is is this exclamation mark

Looks like DB2 and G/ZDoom can't find your sprites. Check that RCKTA0 and RCKHA0 are in your map wad or an attached resource wad.

iAmCodeMonkey666 said:

I am having problems getting my DECORATE code to work properly in DB2

It doesn't even need to "work properly in DB2" anyway. Unless DB2 suddenly branched out into being a port as well, and nobody told me.

iAmCodeMonkey666 said:

and in game all there is is this exclamation mark

This happens because there is a problem with your actor. Several problems are possible:
- No actor definition for this actor: ZDoom does not load the file containing the actor definition. If your DECORATE code is in your map wad, however, this shouldn't happen.
- Missing sprite for first spawn state: in this case, there is no RCKTA0 or RCKTA1 sprite within the sprite namespace.

Also note that your DECORATE code is completely broken because you have -1 duration for all the states, including the select, deselect and ready ones. It's never going to work. However, I don't think this error triggers the unknown thing.

Have you thought about checking the console lag for warning messages?

Here is the warning message I get with the weapons wad included in DB2:

Unable to find the DECORATE class 'RocketLauncher' to inherit from, while parsing 'MissileLauncher'

iAmCodeMonkey666 said:

Here is the warning message I get with the weapons wad included in DB2:

Unable to find the DECORATE class 'RocketLauncher' to inherit from, while parsing 'MissileLauncher'

That's a DB2 message, isn't it? Add zdoom.pk3 (or gzdoom.pk3) to the resources automatically loaded by your configuration; make it loaded before the game IWAD.