Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
grubber

New Gaga video

You see the word doom in similar style to the DooM logo, but is fact, not the doom logo.

Regardless, thats the first and last time I'll watch a Lady Gaga video. Christ.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

That's the crust punk band Doom's logo. It has been rumored that it was what the Doom game's logo was based on.

*Obligatory "LOLOLOLLL she's a man" post*

*Not-so-obligatory "Supposedly actually a hermaphrodite which is neither, actually." post*

*Me posting "You say it like it's a bad thing."*

I'd love to know what kind of Doom map somebody with such an incredibly strange sense of style and the like would make (more because it's a medium I can easily identify with than anything else).

Did like that little bit at the start where it says "Told you she didn't have a dick!" though - some minor respect for that. Was never going to watch the whole thing through though.

Fisk said:

That's the crust punk band Doom's logo. It has been rumored that it was what the Doom game's logo was based on.

Interesting.

Could be a coincidence but they certainly do look very similar.

The fact that Gaga has a Doom patch on her jacket is insane enough for me. Like literally no one knows about that band.

Just read the article on the band Doom
A band named "Doom" with anarcho-punk influences recording for "Peaceville records"?
Huh.

Some of their earlier albums were released on vinyl's. This band was truly before my time.

Fisk said:

Not seeing it.

Right after 7:00 in the video she puts together the ingredients for his poison sandwich and it says 1 cup Tiberium.

I don't see why everyone is like "LOL SHE'S SO CRAZY" about Lady Gaga. She just puts together costumes to show her body off and jiggles over extremely boring, uncreative, shitty music, while her video shoves fucking product placement down your throat. It's all about SELLING MORE SHIT. I mean seriously, if you look at that video every single chance to smack a corporate logo on something was taken, and the logo was made perfectly readable and shoved in your face: the only exception being the Diet Coke hair rollers. The inclusion of the logo for the band Doom is laughable when you look at what she's pretending to represent with that jacket (ie anarchist punks) and what her corporate whore self is actually representing in her music video: "GO BUY VIRGIN MOBILE PHONES AND TAKE PIX WITH POLAROID WHILE EATING KRAFT FOODS ETC ETC ETC"

Say what you will about Lady Gaga, but she sure as hell knows how to entertain people. It's strange, because normally, she's the epitome of things that I hate: product placement and pop music. Still don't like product placement, but I actually think her music isn't nearly as bad as the other shit I hear on the radio these days. Fact of the matter is, I'm willing to say I liked Bad Romance. Make of that what you will.

Oh, and she really is the most ridiculous musician currently making music videos. Can't help but notice that she's entered the "Justify My Love" of her career.

I don't care for a lot of the pop music out now and every time I hear a new Lady Gaga song I hate it. With that said, within a week or two I know the entire song word for word. She's pretty catchy and has all the making of a good pop artist, despite her absolutely repulsive face.

Also who gives a shit about the product placement. RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE INTERNET

As an artist, I find her videos fun to look at. I only wish she was around about 12 years ago, when pop was barely still relevant.

Coopersville said:

As an artist, I find her videos fun to look at. I only wish she was around about 12 years ago, when pop was barely still relevant.

It's still relevant, you probably just got older and became less in touch with it as most people do as they get older. All of the teenagers still know all of this shit and in a decade or so they'll probably be wondering what the hell is going on too

fraggle said:

Could be a coincidence but they certainly do look very similar.

So what? Doom is a very short and easy to write word in logos. Emphasizing the margin letters and gothicizing the Os is enough to make the logo similar.

Also, I'm not surprised by the Doomy topic about Lady Gaga; see here as well.

Mr. Freeze said:

Is it bad that I have both of her albums on my Ipod?

Very.

Snakes said:

I actually think her music isn't nearly as bad as the other shit I hear on the radio these days.

Agreed.

I have both her albums on my music player too. Right in the middle of my usual pile of industrial black metal and such shit. It's kind of catchy. And I like the videos.

(Also, I've misread anarcho-punk as arachnopunk, which sounds kind of cool to me)

So pop music has deevolved into watered down techno music? When did this happen? I haven't really been paying attention.

Bashe said:

The fact that Gaga has a Doom patch on her jacket is insane enough for me. Like literally no one knows about that band.

It makes a little more sense when you realize the video was directed by Bathory's former drummer - which is kind of amazing in itself, really.

As for Gaga herself, my attitude toward her is basically this: she's a mildly interesting person, but I don't really care for her music. Although I find "Bad Romance" pretty awesome when mixed with Behemoth.

AgentSpork said:

So pop music has deevolved into watered down techno music? When did this happen? I haven't really been paying attention.

Mid-to-late nineties.

Popular music has really dumbed down. Being a pop producer was one of the most stressful jobs. These new songs are soo easily composed.

I really like her videos and her image, but I can't fucking stand the music. I know she has talent, but right now it seems as though she's generating horrible shit music that will sell well, and I'm thinking this might be a way to break through and get famous enough to the point where she can inject some interesting music into the mainstream, the record companies have shown that they'll only push shit music over the past decade.

So maybe she's some kind of trojan horse but it's wearing a dress made of live gophers that have been hot-glued together or something, I dunno.

Guest DILDOMASTER666
Mr. Freeze said:

(Doom album cover)

Not seeing it.

i'm pretty surprised that all of you so far have totally missed the point...but i'm too much of an asshole to enlighten you.