Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kaylomaster

How do I include custom enemies/textures in my wad?

I am currently making a game and i have some custom enemies and some snow textures i got from realm 667. I want to give credit to those who made the textures but i don't know how to, as well as put the textures into my wad so when you play it, it can play with no missing textures. I would like it so there are requirements so i can say that "you need these wads by these people:" and ill write the wads. I really need help with this and i have been trying to get this to work for ages. Please help?

Thanks for any help,

KayloMaster

[EDIT] I also want to include custom weapons from other websites made by other people, i will give credit i just have this one problem of i cant get it to run without errors.

Demon101 said:

Which Editor are you using?

umm well im usin doom builder 2 or if u mean wad editing i use XWE. But i haven't actually included the guns and stuff in my wad. I have stuff like cc4tex (snow textures) and weapons like a snakeimp and flying imps, and i just use the wads of the textures and enemies as resources in doom builder. the thing is i want it so you need to download the things, so the players see who it is by, and then they put the wads into like the same directory as my wad, so when they play the wad, the textures will work fine, but for me, that is not the case. It doesnt work, thats why i posted =O

sorry if im sidetracking, but i need help,

KayloMaster

Nobody wants to kitbash their mods. Merge everything together properly and make a self-contained mod. For credits, just put them in the text file, like everyone else does. All resources on Realm667 have credits included, so you can copy/paste that.

Also, many resources in R667 cannot be used directly because, for example, some monsters do not have an editor number, or they have conflicting sprite names, etc. You've got to do some work to make sure they work together; and that's not a work you should delegate to the players.

[QUOTE]Gez said:
[B]Nobody wants to kitbash their mods. Merge everything together properly"

umm 1 question how do you merge them? Im kinda new to merging stuff.

thanks for helping, I will do what you say and merge and give credits when my wad is complete,

KayloMaster

Use something like Slumped or XWE. In slumped, just open all the mods you want to merge together, then select the lumps from one, right-click, copy, go to the another tab, right-click, paste. Simple.

You've gotta keep in mind the namespace stuff (the various *_START/*_END markers); don't copy the sprite lumps in the flat namespace or other silly stuff like that, and that's about all. It is at this time that you have to check for possible conflicts.

Gez said:

Use something like Slumped or XWE.

sorry for replying another time now, but what do you do with xwe?

thanks again,

KayloMaster