Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ultimablah

Getting Doom 2 at school

I tried hosting on Doomseeker in class, but Windows Firewall doesn't allow hosting servers here. So, I tried to connect our group of 12 to a server, but all servers only allow two connections from the same IP.

If I host a server at home, is there any way that I can remove the "max connection" limit?

It might depend on what source port you are using at home, you shouldn't have a problem with ZDoom/GZDoom/Skulltag.

Make an exception* for the Doomseeker program by going to Control Panel -> Windows Firewall -> Exceptions -> Add Program and then search for Doomseeker's executable.

*Assuming this is a Windows XP system.

Mr. Chris said:

Make an exception* for the Doomseeker program by going to Control Panel -> Windows Firewall -> Exceptions -> Add Program and then search for Doomseeker's executable.

*Assuming this is a Windows XP system.

May not be possible if he's at school. Many schools actually disable student accounts from being able to access the Control Panel, so he might not be able to do that.

I'd look into Doomseeker's server-host settings. Seems a bit silly that it'd limit the max number of connections from one IP address. There must be a setting to change that.

WildWeasel said:

Many schools actually disable student accounts from being able to access the Control Panel,

I'm fairly certain he's using his own computer, not a school computer, since he was able to put Doom 2 on it.

Whoo said:

I'm fairly certain he's using his own computer, not a school computer, since he was able to put Doom 2 on it.

Not necessarily. It's pretty easy to simply drag, say, the PWADs folder from a flash drive or CD onto the desktop or something.

I really don't like the sound of where this is going..12 machines? Flash drive, etc..