Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
General Rainbow Bacon

lmps [where does the engine save them?]

It goes in the same folder as your PrBoom+ one (I assume that's the port you're talking about, seeing your other topic). If you named the demo HelloWorld in the command line or shortcut, a HelloWorld.lmp file should pop up in there.

(At least, that's how it works for me.)

DoomHero85 said:

How do I know if an lmp has recorded, and where does it go when it's finished recording?

I thought this said 'imp' rather than 'lmp', and I was like "How does an imp record. THIS MAKES NO SENSE. MY WORLD IS FALLING APART!!1!"

Then I read phml's reply and it all became clear. :S

With prboom-plus -record lol typed while in the prboom-plus directory from the command line, or written in a shortcut or a batch file in the prboom-plus folder you will get a level 1 demo called lol.lmp in the prboom-plus folder. You'll have to add additional parameters so that you get a demo in the desired level and skill plus any other settings, such as:

prboom-plus -skill 4 -respawn -warp 20 -record lol20

That will create a demo called lol20.lmp in level 20, on ultra-violence and with respawning monsters.

Also, be sure to check the sticky threads in this forum.

will glboom also record a demo, because for some reason I can't turn off mouse movement going forward and backward in prboom+? Also, the file still isn't showing up for some reason.

The lmp still doesn't get saved for some reason. Here's my command line: /glboom-plus -iwad doom2.wad -file mm.wad mmmus.wad -skill 4 -warp 01 -complevel 9 -record mm-001

What am I doing wrong?

DoomHero85 said:
will glboom also record a demo,

Yes.

because for some reason I can't turn off mouse movement going forward and backward in prboom+?

Use the menu to set vertical mouse sensitivity all the way down.

Also, the file still isn't showing up for some reason.

What specific steps did you take among the ones described above? Did you manage to open the command line and type the commands, or did you create and edit a batch file or a shortcut?

Each time PrBoom+ runs it writes a file called stdout.txt to the PrBoom+ folder. If a demo was recorded, at the bottom of that file it will say "G_CheckDemoStatus: Demo recorded".

EDIT: I merged the other thread you made into here.