Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AndrewB

is how I would describe this person. [old lady]

Maybe they couldn't forge the documents good enough until now. :p

Or just not been able to prove it.

Unless he was lying or delirious, the oldest person I've met was a 124 year old Omani living with his two sons on one of the mountain ranges there. He kept trying to sell us carpets and woven key rings!

My guess is that there are quite a few people just as old as Antisa, if not older, living in far more remote corners of the world.

st.alfonzo said:

Unless he was lying or delirious, the oldest person I've met was a 124 year old Omani living with his two sons on one of the mountain ranges there. He kept trying to sell us carpets and woven key rings!

My guess is that there are quite a few people just as old as Antisa, if not older, living in far more remote corners of the world.

He was quite possibly lying, as Jeanne Calment is the oldest recorded person to have ever lived. Yet if this new person is found to be telling the truth, then his story may be slightly validated.

It's a hell of a thing to be claiming though, isn't it? To be the oldest currently living person almost sounds like you're trying to outlive others just to have the title!

It's amazing how life spans are becoming so long these days. Don't think I'd want to live anywhere near that long - certainly would be worried if I was outliving all of my friends, family and families (grand)children, as I imagine I might find that rather upsetting.

I recall there was always a statistically abnormal number of ultra-centenaries from ex-soviet republics, and one of the explanations was that many people had forged their documents to avoid the draft in WW II. Being "129" now would make him 59 back in 1940, which surely was good enough to dodge the draft ;-)

He also had a sex change - some draft dodgers will stop at nothing to avoid serving their country! ;-)

Maes said:

I recall there was always a statistically abnormal number of ultra-centenaries from ex-soviet republics, and one of the explanations was that many people had forged their documents to avoid the draft in WW II. Being "129" now would make him 59 back in 1940, which surely was good enough to dodge the draft ;-)

Another reason could also live in that theory about eating less could lead to a longer lifespan.

Maes wrote: I recall there was always a statistically abnormal number of ultra-centenaries from ex-soviet republics, and one of the explanations was that many people had forged their documents to avoid the draft in WW II. Being "129" now would make him 59 back in 1940, which surely was good enough to dodge the draft ;-)

I think that hits the nail on the head, as many of the previous old-git cases have been dismissed on the grounds that documents were likely passed on to a younger relative post mortem.

Too bad one can´t saw off the persons leg and count the growth rings like with trees to verify...

This is seriously making me want to research longevity cases....

kilos of chocolate? wine? olive oil? vodka? Aren't all these things frowned upon in good ol' USA? I'm getting on the chocolate diet!

At first I thought it was preposterous to be 160 in the year 3000 ala Professor Farnsworth but now it may look like it will be possible by then.

Maybe if she lives a bit longer, she'll grow a nice coat of body hair like the human + chimpanzee ancestor, if its correct that human life spans were selected more toward the juvenile spectrum of apes.