Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
robo-ky

an actually GOOD doom movie

obviously the doom3 movie was just another piece of shit action movie and it would appear that they saw doom3 the game for ps3 or whatever coming out and said, "hey, we can make a quick buck on all this publicity this video game is getting!" and splat... you get this

as a long time doom2 player i would like to see a doom movie based on how scary as hell doom is when your hi or young or drunk or whatever, it would go like this... there would be no to very little talking.. the creepy soundtrack from finaldoom always present in the background and the wimpy marine that has to go in with a pistol looking for his dead buddy's with nothing more than a cheaply made space marine outfit ( military standards cheep, not prop standards cheep) each seen would play out like the marine walking around in this haunted military base.. than things get more hellish as he moves on at the end... the monsters should be actors in all real costumes, "this is what i liked about the movie aliens, they were animitronick, but still, made of real stuff, no c.g.i. shit".. any won else thought about what an actually kick ass doom movie would be like?

robo-ky said:

the monsters should be actors in all real costumes

<Tries to visualize an anorexic actor squeezing into a horribly pixelated Revenant costume - fails.>

That bad Doom movie actually had some of the actors in suits as monsters, with the exception of the pinky demon thing and stuff like that.. also what's that burning smell?

robo-ky said:

... the monsters should be actors in all real costumes

...IMHO, it would end up looking too much like a Power Rangers episode with a dark twist. OTOH, they do craft some wicked-looking costumes for those shows....especially armored/cyber stuff lends itself well to power rangers-like costumes.

I'd like to see a Doom movie that starts with the following lines being said by the narrator:

John Stalvern waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air.

Spleen said:

And then John was a zombie movie

At least that would be very short, unless they turned it into a long, Kafkaesque introspective tribulation ;-)

Infurnus said:

That bad Doom movie actually had some of the actors in suits as monsters, with the exception of the pinky demon thing and stuff like that.. also what's that burning smell?

Yeah they had suits on, some of them had no head though. the heads were animated with cgi after they filmed the scene to get a more detailed/realistic jaw movement and so on.

Spleen said:

I'd like to see a Doom movie that starts with the following lines being said by the narrator:

John Stalvern waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air.

I really want to know the origins of the John Stalvern story and why it seems to pop up everywhere.

robo-ky said:

obviously the doom3 movie was just another piece of shit action movie

You're a piece of shit action movie.

Anyway, though not directly related to Doom, I think Quake 3 Arenas is pretty good.

Patrick said:

I really want to know the origins of the John Stalvern story and why it seems to pop up everywhere.

Here you go - everything you ever wanted to know about John Stalvern and then some.

GreyGhost said:

Here you go - everything you ever wanted to know about John Stalvern and then some.

Well, this page only vaguely hints at it, but it doesn't tell you who Peter Chimaera, the author, actually is.

Hint: He's got a forum account here.

Maes said:

...IMHO, it would end up looking too much like a Power Rangers episode with a dark twist. OTOH, they do craft some wicked-looking costumes for those shows....especially armored/cyber stuff lends itself well to power rangers-like costumes.

well meby not people in costumes but animitronick creatures like in aliens, but they would have to be really well made and lots of them..
i don't know, what would you say the monsters be like?

In seriousness somewhat related to the OP, a friend and I have been kicking around the idea of doing a short radio-serial type podcast based on Doom using sound atmospheric sounds and stuff from Doom 3 and coming up with a story sort of borrowing from Tom Hall's work in the Doom Bible. Kind of in a brainstorming phase and will probably never see the light of day, but might be fun nonetheless. :)

Nomad said:

short radio-serial type podcast based on Doom using sound atmospheric sounds and stuff from Doom 3

I think it should be extremely dark, disturbing, and creepy - and it should follow the original storyline (lol). Basically add more horror and lessen the cheese...

It may be cool to have the beginning be doomguy waiting on the ship, hearing everyone die, going through the moonbases, then the middle/end would be the journey into hell. It could end with his arrival to earth overrun by the spawn...perfect time for a really cheesy sequel. The existing movie seems like it's already a sequel.

Who do you think would make this movie? I say John Carpenter :D

Everything should be made out of muppets. (If anyone's ever seen Dark Crystal, you'll know EXACTLY what I mean by this.)

robo-ky said:

i would like to see a doom movie based on how scary as hell doom is when your hi or young or drunk or whatever...

So that's where this post is coming from. Bravo.

This sounds worse than the actual Doom movie.

The sad thing is that most Hollywood pitches for movies probably sound like this.

Nomad said:

Yes, yes, I've seen that too. :P

But I betcha didn't see this (which BTW was one of my first contributions to DW....go figure :-p)

I think the movie should be something similar to the beginning of "Dead Space". Also, which directors do you think would do this other movie justice? I've been a fan of J-horror for a while, maybe the directors who did "Ju-On" Or "Ringu" would make it scary as...Hell.

Sam Raimi would kick fucking ass as the director of a Doom movie.

And is it just me, or does Vince Vaughn look quite a bit like Doomguy?

Shaikoten said:

Well, this page only vaguely hints at it, but it doesn't tell you who Peter Chimaera, the author, actually is.

Hint: He's got a forum account here.

Is it you? :P

I would like it if a doom movie would go in a different direction than all those hollywood movies. Why not having a doom movie in which all the actors are made out of plasticine? I can actually imagine all the monster (especially the pinky demon) and the doomguy made out of this stuff very well. The movie should have a dark, twisted feel, but should never take itself serious. It would feature a ridicoulus storyline, lots of action (the plasticine could be useful for some really neat effects like blood) and a heavy metal soundtrack. Something funny that you can watch on a rainy afternoon and that doesn`t need you to think too much.
In my opinion, doom is a game about the ridicoulus adventures of a badass marine with huge weapons and not some horror thingy like Resident Evil.

MSPaintR0cks said:

Why not making a doom movie in which all the actors are made out of plasticine? I can actually imagine all the monster (especially the pinky demon) and the doomguy made out of this stuff very well.

Sure, just tell me when they're a-hirin' (hint: scroll down to see something a bit better than what will greet you there ;-)