Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
glaber

Vanilla Hexen and slopes?

I've seen plenty of topics releated to source ports and slopes, but I really have to wonder, did Vanilla Hexen have slope support?

So slopes only came to both Doom and Hexen via Source ports.

Thank you, that clears things up for me.

glaber said:

I've seen plenty of topics releated to source ports and slopes, but I really have to wonder, did Vanilla Hexen have slope support?

Nope.

ZDoom was the first port to have functional slopes. Eternity has followed significantly later, but ours are still render-only, as we have yet to start on the physics code. That hasn't stopped some level editors from using them in creative ways though :>

EDGE has slopes as well, and of course Vavoom. I don't know if there are any other port with them (that's not derived from one of the aforementioned).

Quasar said:

ZDoom was the first port to have functional slopes. Eternity has followed significantly later, but ours are still render-only, as we have yet to start on the physics code. That hasn't stopped some level editors from using them in creative ways though :>

Wait, The Eternity engine has renderable slopes without Physics? Just to double check, that engine has Poly objects too, right?

glaber said:

Wait, The Eternity engine has renderable slopes without Physics? Just to double check, that engine has Poly objects too, right?

Yes.