Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Jonathan

Gun control

but I know I would not hesitate to eliminate those endangering my loved ones.

I just ask you to think, the guys wee not endangering anyone, they had stolen 2 bikes, your Dad , following with a gun, made the situation, more, lethal? A theft is never punishable by death in a civilised society

I responded to your post where you talked about the world affairs, and I used your kid's incident from the previous post as a word picture. – Next time I wont cut the posts I am responding too.

added - I deleted my double posts, and introduced the full text, so I hope it's clear once you go over it again. See asking me to think shows results always :))

See?, this is my problem with this, they were not trying to kill anyone they stole the bikes and were fleeing the scene

I'll bet I'm in a minority when I say this, but if my "fellow human beings" have enough nerve and indecency to lay a hand on something that my family worked for and bought with their own money let alone try to steal it and flee then I feel that I have a small, minimal, minute right to make a little noise and let them know that I won't stand for their shit.

Realize, half of the "Right to bear arms to defend your home" business has its basis on the fact that you shouldn't have to empty your clip in the invader's chest to get your point across. The very prospect that my dad has a firearm and is WILLING to use it to defend his property and family should be enough to ward off these idiots and let them know to not try that shit again.

He could have shot and killed 1 or more of them

NO.

NO. My dad is NOT that stupid. Shooting an unarmed man... c'mon. They only reason he didn't end up shooting (or in any of the other two cases) is because they other guys didn't have anything to defend themselves with, and by anything I mean a knife or a gun, and even then I'd say the only time to shoot back is if they come at you.

He only went in persuit of them to retrieve his property, not to blow their brains out.

To kill is surprisingly natural.
Animals have natural enemies, which hunt them down and kill them. Nature IS gruesome and humans are really not that different from animals.
We don't have any 'natural enemies' but we kill eachother instead.

I have the rather cynical view that it's better to kill humans who don't respect other human lives than let them kill you or your loved ones.

Looking forward to read what you'll reply to this (feel free to call me cynical arsehole if you please).

I am thankful that my dad was able to retrieve one of those $100 bikes

/cries uncontrollably

I have the rather cynical view that it's better to kill humans who don't respect other human lives than let them kill you or your loved ones.

Well I think the point is to make things better for people in general, so yeah, if there is somebody who enjoys killing or is hellbent on destroying a bunch of stuff, it's best for everybody else to get them either locked away or get rid of them altogether.

I would prefer to get rid of him/her as quickly as possible so that he/she doesn't waste the tax payers' money, but that's a view I'm even questioning myself.

I would prefer to get rid of him/her as quickly as possible so that he/she doesn't waste the tax payers' money.

Uh, that's not exactly a huge waste.

At least, it doesn't have to be. But seeing as how the government's in charge of it, they probably do waste way more than they need to.

Besides it's not like the person couldn't be productive in jail, they'd just get paid little to nothing for the work. Or if they refused I guess they'd go to solitary confinement or something.

I dunno, but the majority could still contribute to society without having to be killed, provided they can be captured without anybody else risking getting killed.

I remember a semester ago in college three Proffessors came to speak about "violence, the up and coming pandemic" or some shit. Well, one professor was very targeted on violence in nature and the human species is the only one that kill it's own kind the way we do. We do it out of anger, pride, selfishness, protection, sometimes for fun, when it comes to the phycos. Not to say being a pshyco is a bad thing, different story. But sure, some animals are trained to kill another, dogs and things, but wildly, it's quite rare. Unless someone has some evidence otherwise. I'd be happy to know of it. We are also the only species that commints self violence to end suffering or when we feel bad. Some species have been known to know a tail off, but only when caught by something, like a trapp or fallen rock, something of the sort.

Why can't you just get a fake gun or something? Or a sword. Swords are scary.

Heh. chasing hodlums down the street screaming "HAVE AT YOU!!" heh... I guess that would be scary.

I remember a semester ago in college three Proffessors came to speak about "violence, the up and coming pandemic" or some shit. Well, one professor was very targeted on violence in nature and the human species is the only one that kill it's own kind the way we do. We do it out of anger, pride, selfishness, protection, sometimes for fun, when it comes to the phycos. Not to say being a pshyco is a bad thing, different story. But sure, some animals are trained to kill another, dogs and things, but wildly, it's quite rare. Unless someone has some evidence otherwise. I'd be happy to know of it. We are also the only species that commints self violence to end suffering or when we feel bad. Some species have been known to know a tail off, but only when caught by something, like a trapp or fallen rock, something of the sort.

Tasmaian tigers. there. I WIN. and i'm almost certen there are more.

Heh. My bike cost almost $400...

I don't want to say how much my THREE bikes cost :(

/me is ashamed.

It was many, many summer jobs worth.

Ask Zaldron, he's seen one of them. I just love cycling I'm afraid. I think it's why I've got no money for a car now :(

Heh. chasing hodlums down the street screaming "HAVE AT YOU!!" heh... I guess that would be scary.

Actualy, I tend to yell "BERZERKER!!!"

We are also the only species that commints self violence to end suffering or when we feel bad. Some species have been known to know a tail off, but only when caught by something, like a trapp or fallen rock, something of the sort.

Tasmaian tigers. there. I WIN. and i'm almost certen there are more.

Um, and now they're extinct...

...almost.