Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
trooper077

Origins Of Post Hell?

I know why post hell exists,but what purpose does it have when you can just delete the thread,Also when was it created? at the start of doomworld or somewhere after that?

trooper77 said:

I know why post hell exists,but what purpose does it have when you can just delete the thread,Also when was it created? at the start of doomworld or somewhere after that?

To quote the FAQ - "Post Hell is the forum where bad posts go to die". It's been a part of the forums since at least June 2001.

neubejiita said:

It came in quite recently. I have been on DW for ages, and it is a very recent addition.

uhhhhh wat

Besides the animal noises and Captain Jean Picard of the USS Enterprise, what other annoying sounds were used to keep people from reading Post Hell?

HWGuy said:

Besides the animal noises and Captain Jean Picard of the USS Enterprise, what other annoying sounds were used to keep people from reading Post Hell?

More like eye destroying colorscheme and animated gifs! Your eyes will jump out of your sockets after reading Post Hell becauise of that.

If you're a masochist you can use Post Hell theme for everything on this forum.

HWGuy said:

The music for a time was of someone "singing" e1m1, buggered if I can find it.

Planky said:

The music for a time was of someone "singing" e1m1, buggered if I can find it.

I'd much rather hear that than our Post Hell's music now. Rutabaga Salad or something like that right?

Yeah, that was there for a while after that guy out of Law and Order died.

As for what annoying noises there have been, here are a few I recal:

The Ride of the Valkyries music. Not especially annoying, of course.

Fredrik's cirka.mid and a small part of Testikill's Ball of Hell, a song by two forum members inspired by several identical maps in 1337.wad. This was pretty damned annoying, but strangely pleasant and reassuring once you had got used to it. Links in the first two posts of this thread. Recommended.

The Picard song

Somewhere around that point (or probably before) I disabled the features in the browser that would play the sounds. But later ones seemed to involve some sorts of animal noises.

There was also that gibberish car commercial (accompanied by a muffled Law and Order)... oh, and also lots of fire.

The Picard song wasn't irritating, it was funky.

Deathz0r's unmusical singing of D_E1M9.

Post Hell originated when Satan was cast out of Post Heaven for trying to overthrow the lord. Didn't you read Paradise Lost?

Krispavera said:

Post Hell originated when Satan was cast out of Post Heaven for trying to overthrow the lord. Didn't you read Paradise Lost?

Paradise Post

Rutabaga Salad lost some of its sting when it became the hell theme.

neubejiita said:

It came in quite recently. I have been on DW for ages, and it is a very recent addition.

Fail.

It's been around ever since we switched to VBulletin, nearly a decade ago. Also, everything fraggle said.

I think the purpose of it is to show off the abject stupidity and retarded attempts at trolling and so forth and preserve them for eternity for everyone to laugh at. If we just deleted them, some of the classic threads in there would have been lost to the sands of time.

neubejiita said:

You mean recent by like 10-11 years ago right? Oh dear, we have a time traveler here with a broken Delorean.

The Picard song gave a very epic feeling to Post Hell, especially with multiple open tabs on a thread consisting mostly of Cybie butts, and with the tabs timed so that you got an "interference" effect ;-)

If you want something really bad and controversial, use the free software song, if you dare ;-)

To me, it sounds like Richard Stallman raping a goat...or maybe a GNU. Jeff "Yak" Minter, you're next!

No one has mentioned the past music stylings of:

MY NAME IS FREDRIK JOHANNSEN, I COME FROM SVEDEN

Annoying honda "viral" audio ad