Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mogul

What a Wonderful World

Ten Masked Men are to be checked out if you're craving death metal covers of songs like Brittney Spears or Justin Timberlake. Although I am an extreme metal fan, the vocalist of TMM growling technique is pretty shitty IMO.

I never understood what the great appeal is to growling. It's about as interesting as scat singing and yodeling. After you hear so much, you just wish it would end. I don't mind some growling, but I don't think I'll ever get why anybody would prefer it over normal vocals. I really need to hear some Iron Maiden now and not this... or Louis doing his version or somefin.

<DiluteCo> im just sick of all this fucking growling crap
<DiluteCo> fucking cookie monster bands

fraggle said:

&lt;DiluteCo> im just sick of all this fucking growling crap
&lt;DiluteCo> fucking cookie monster bands

QFT - that rendition's bordering on incomprehensible. I pity anyone not familiar with the lyrics who has to listen to it twice.

Jesus christ modern death metal sucks.

Old-school DM had groove and a soul behind the carnage. Nowadays, its all about speed and complexity, with most songs trning into incomprehensible noise.

There is a REASON why bands like that won't be mentioned in the same breath as Death or Cannibal Corpse- it's because they fucking suck.

The only thing worse than DM is DM fans. Holy shit, I could go on for hours.

david_a said:

Ministry also covered this song on their final album as the grand finale. The second half is boring and predictable, but the first part is kinda creepy.

Final album? Did they actually break up? o_O

The lip-syncing and funny facial expressions are the point, no? Not the musical merits of metal.

Danarchy said:

They didn't "break up," but Al is 51 years old. Time to call it quits. He's still producing and working on other projects (he's going to appear on the next FLA album, for instance).

Danarchy said:

Yeah, man, back in 2008. Al feels he's too old to be touring and is concentrating on his label.

Danarchy said:

Yeah, Al put an end to Ministry permanently, partly because he thinks the band sucks when there's a democrat in office. He's still got plenty of other projects going though.

Heh, goes to show how little attention I've been paying to industrial music lately.

david_a said:

They didn't "break up," but Al is 51 years old. Time to call it quits. He's still producing and working on other projects (he's going to appear on the next FLA album, for instance).

Makes sense. He's been doing a lot of producing ever since the late 80s anyway.

david_a said:

And nothing of value was lost.

Mr. Freeze said:

I bet there's a subgenre with that exact name.

So I realize that is a troll band and you can put absolutely anything in front of the word 'core' and make a new genre, but why that isn't considered noisecore is beyond me.

Jonas Brothers Death:

Miley:

Mr. Freeze said:

Old-school DM had groove and a soul behind the carnage. Nowadays, its all about speed and complexity, with most songs trning into incomprehensible noise.

There is a REASON why bands like that won't be mentioned in the same breath as Death or Cannibal Corpse- it's because they fucking suck.

The only thing worse than DM is DM fans. Holy shit, I could go on for hours.

I don't see what is so great about Cannibal Corpse, much like the rest of Death Metal listen to one of their songs and you've heard their entire discography.

Cannibal Corpse LOL:

david_a said:

but why that isn't considered noisecore is beyond me.

Or simply quadcore.