Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cronyne

Need a Sky Flat

I'm afraid you're slightly mistaken in how skies work. The actual 64x64 flat is of no consequence to what the sky looks like. The easiest thing to do is to replace the sky1 patch with your own. Doom skies are 256x128 pixels and tall skies (like for heretic or hexen) tend to be 256x200.

Mancubus II said:

I'm afraid you're slightly mistaken in how skies work. The actual 64x64 flat is of no consequence to what the sky looks like. The easiest thing to do is to replace the sky1 patch with your own. Doom skies are 256x128 pixels and tall skies (like for heretic or hexen) tend to be 256x200.

I'm not gonna use it for the actual sky, I just need an orange-sky looking flat because I plan to use a skybox with mountains in the background, and the orange sky will be on the ceiling, scrolling in one direction. I mostly want to do this to eliminate the annoying way skies stretch up into nothing on OpenGL modes.

Cronyne said:

I mostly want to do this to eliminate the annoying way skies stretch up into nothing on OpenGL modes.

Then you shouldn't use a 64x64 flat I guess, for your skybox ceiling.

GZDoom and Vavoom have skybox definition lumps which let you create them with true hi-res textures.

TomoAlien said:
I spent 15 seconds on this. Is this what were you looking for? [/B]

Well, I like it. If I need to I can make it translucent later. Thanks man!

EDIT: Actually, could you possibly expand the sky a little bit to make the tiling a little less noticable? 128x128 maybe? Please.

EDIT2: NEvermind, fixed that too. Just need to make the sky a little closer and it looked good. Thanks, you're going in the credits.