Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Geonightman

Ghostbusters Doom: Looking for Mappers and Decorate Programmers.

trooper077 said:

Looks like the Jackholes at zdoom locked the thread so until we have some screens,we can't post there,Its kinda all up to you now geonight,im working on art still but not much over the weekdays

Your thread was locked because you had nothing to show except a sprite, and when asked about whether the team had done anything yet, pretty much the only response was in argument. Sorry pal, rules are rules. There's no point in referring to anybody as "jackholes" - the ZDoom forum moderators are only doing their jobs.

Just had an idea about the flamming skull ghost:

A skeleton ghost with its skull surrounded by fire. Its flamming skull will seperate from the body when it "dies" and fly around taunting the player. Would be pretty cool. I do like the skull but you would need to make the skeleton body.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IMPORTANT (in my opinion)
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just heard and read on imdb and wikipedia (that one less likly is true though) that their is going to be a GB3! Its either going to be released late this year or some tiem in 2011. This could open up a huge door for us.

Geonightman said:

I just heard and read on imdb and wikipedia

IMDB and Wikipedia are both user-contributed sites. I'd take both sites' claims with a grain of salt - after all, IMDB still lists Kung Pow 2: Tongue of Fury, despite there being no real evidence that such a project ever started (outside of the gag trailer from the end of the first movie).

Something I should have said earlier:
I forgot to mention I only have Ghost busters 1 on VHS. I know VHS is old and shit but it's what I've got. I'm bringing this up so I could let you know until I have GB2 or a GB1 DVD: I can't work on/verify anything from GB2. I hope that's not a Problem.

EDIT:
I have done more to the HQ. I focused mainly on structural detail.

This one shows what I did.

(Click to Enlarge)

This one is the same but without the comments

(Click to Enlarge)

Geo: Looks very good but the stairs leading to the second floor should be located somewhere to the left and also the pole should be located near the lockers. Room-over-room will be essential here. I'm not sure but the room seems very big or it is just because some of the things are missing.

You can buy the GB1 and GB2 DVD pretty cheap i'd imagine. About GB3, it is mostly just a rumour but from what i've heard Ivan Reitman will direct and most of the original actors and crew will be involved. And, yes, it should be taken with a grain of salt.

About sound effects, i could get ahold of the Ghostbusters: Video Game by means i will not express here. I'm pretty good at figuring out ways of ripping resources from games, only problem is that i don't have much diskspace on my harddrive. Might use my late girlfriends computer for such a task.

@CeeJay:
It's "size" because their is a lack of items. You told me to focus mainly on the structure as opposed to the details first.

As for Room-Over-Room, we can just do a portal like they did in KDIZD for underwater.

A little progress report from my part:

I am currently doing the music soundtrack, i will be converting instrumental songs from scenes in the films to OGG format. I was able to get my hands on a bunch of soundtrack albums plus some sound effects from the new game.

Hey Cee, since I keep bringing them up, can I also be in charge of oddjobs. Like HQ minigames, or Easter Eggs. I know oddjobs isn't the right word but I couldn't think of the right word.

Geonightman said:

Hey Cee, since I keep bringing them up, can I also be in charge of oddjobs. Like HQ minigames, or Easter Eggs. I know oddjobs isn't the right word but I couldn't think of the right word.

You are pretty much in charge of everything that has to do with the levels.

Important:
I may not have much of a chance to work on my levels. For spring break (March 26 - April 3) i will be at my fathers house in Citra. When I am up there I DON'T have a VHS player and thus I can't make levels cannon to the movie. If, however, I can borrow my aunt's DVD version of GB1 I can work on my levels a lot. I WILL have computer and internet access up there, but POSSIBLY no movie access. If this will be a problem to anyone please say so. If so, I'm sorry in advance.

Alright,sorry about the silence,its near spring break and all of my teachers are preassuring us to get tests done so they can submit marks,so to say the least,friday looks like the day i start working on this again

No sweat guys, do whatever you can whenever you can. It's not like we're working within a time limit. I currently have a lot of real-life stuff to think about. I struggle to get an income of some kind because i am currently broke and i have also begun to fall in love with a girl, which during normal circumstance would be great at all but i've lost my girlfriend just this January (she died) so it makes it a little bit complicated for me.

Both congratulations and my condolences.

EDIT: I just had an idea. I know I'm in charge of maps and that but I just thought, maybe we should have a secret level that has Freddy Kruger in it. I think this would be a nice tip o' the hat to the semi-popular fan movie Freddy Vs. Ghostbusters. Tell me what you think.

Sounds like a great idea. Like i mentioned in the design doc about the Camp Crystal Lake level where we could have a confrontation with Jason maybe we also have a boiler room where you confront Freddy.

Geonightman said:

Alright, I did manage to get my aunts permission to borrow hwer GB1 DVD so i can work on it whenver i get the chance

Great to hear,I have tommorrow off so I'll do something tommorrow,probably try to create a slimer beta

I'm still around and i ain't going nowhere yet. I'm still trying to wrap my head around Decorate. What did you think of the music btw?

I just got to a place where I can work on my levels. I will be keeping you posted on any thing I can.

@trooper077: The latest version of Windows Media Player works. So does VLC.

EDIT:

Level Update:

Here is the secretary's desk. It is obviously not done.

(Click to enlarge)

This is the keyboard. I lifted the keys part off 1 pixel so it appears as if the keys are separate.

(Click to enlarge)

Here is the printer/fax machine next to a device that I could not figure out in the movie.

(Click to enlarge)

This is her name tag.

(Click to enlarge)

@trooper: I have a request image I would like done. Could you make the secretary's name tag. It has to be 16 x 4 or 5 pixles. It doesn't have to actually say her name. Just be like white scribble with a gold top and bottom.

Looks stunning, your attention too detail is superb (keyboard), just don't forget the computer screen on the desktop aswell. One thing that always bugged me about the original was the sheer size of the computer/screen/keyboard which were HUGE in comparision to the player and everything else around. The name tag can say Janine Melnitz, if it will fit, as she has always been their secretary in all films and cartoons.