Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PaganRaven

[RELEASE] Breadmonster Invasion

You can download it from here:
http://www.zero1productions.com/billy/Wiscasset/index.html

The site is uploading as I'm posting this so it might not work right away. I also made a forum here:
bananasauros.yuku.com

Most importantly I started writing a strategy guide!
Only map 01 walkthrough exists now, but I will write more in time.

Walkthrough

I had originally intended to release this on March 20 (the spring equinox), but school has turned up the heat and now pokemon is a big distraction, so realistically I'm not gonna be working on it any more than I did for a while so I might as well release it now. And even as it is, it's still pretty decent. The thing I really wanted to do was get rid of the whole intro text thing and instead add in an opening level that gives you some exposition, but time and laziness just doesn't permit so it remains as it is, throwing you into the main action from the start.

Changes from the beta are pretty underwhelming if you've already played this before, so I don't suggest playing it a second time to see the few changes (unless you really really want to!) Changes from beta include:
- The fist weapon now functions correctly
- The puzzle in the big room with the obelisks
on map one has been toned down quite a bit as
first-time players have frequently complained to
have trouble with it.
- Added a hamster revolver weapon.
- The main character's names have been retconned
to Sine and Square. This is inspired by the
pattern on their schentis =)
- Title image on the main GUI has been removed...
don't ask me why, I just didn't like it.
- Spelling and grammar, yadayadayada.

I didn't bother going through a run of the whole episode this time and assumed it would work, so if you ever get blocked by a game-stopping bug please tell me, but I'm pretty sure everything should work all right.

Here are some screenshots:

Enjoy!

Eh... would you mind explaining what's going on in the screenshots? I'm not quite sure I understand what this mod is about..

404 in Download page so I'm downloading from the News page. <Hint - *nix servers are case-sensitive>

Nomad said:

Cute april fools joke

It's not actually a joke, he posted an earlier version of this over at the ZDoom community forums. I still like the pseudo Earthbound style this has.

- The main character's names have been retconned
to Sine and Square. This is inspired by the
pattern on their schentis =)

Um... alright?

whoa, thats trippy. The project is called Wiscasset?

That's the name of the town I live in. Seriously, Google Wiscasset.

Once I figure out how to open .rar files I'll have to definitely give this a shot.

EDIT: I do really want to try this! Looks pretty entertaining. But how do you get it to run? I'm kind of a mechanics noob, I've been trying to run it with Zdoom. Is there a more compatible port?

<assuming you've unpacked the .rar file> Drop a copy of doom2.wad into the Breadmonster1 folder and double-click on Breadmonster1.exe.

Guest DILDOMASTER666
The Wiki page said:

(In the infancy of the idea, there was only a male hero. But his little sister was added to avoid angry emails about civil rights.)

lolios

sonic_13 said:

whoa, thats trippy. The project is called Wiscasset?

That's the name of the town I live in. Seriously, Google Wiscasset.

Really? Is it in Maine?

edit: Location Maine

Wow it's a small world, that's near where I was growing up. If I go back after I graduate maybe I'll try stalking you (or you can stalk me, if you want)

It is a small world! Especially since I am not typically a forums kinda guy, and have just not too long ago met some body from Boothbay.

Have been trying the wad on and off, thank you Greyghost! Fun stuff! Need to sit down and actually try to beat it when I have time.