Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Liam

Boring Doom 3 topic.

I'd kind of enjoy it if the weapons were 'centered' like in the original Dooms, instead of off to the right side of the screen.

Discuss.

For realism's sake, he should carry them exactly how they're meant to. The original Doomguy would've have broken his wrist when firing the pistol in that awkard position, not to mention he would undoubtedly break his ribs after one SSG shot. Besides that looks incredibly stupid on third person.

Even modern FPSs don't place the weapon right.
Modern FPSs place the weapon too far to the right, whereas in real life, while pressing the butt of the gun into your shoulder, you still position yourself so the the gun is very much near the center of your view (though still a bit to the right).

i thought SOF did a good job with weapon placement. the guns were to one side and the rocket launcher up high on the shoulder, not in one hand like in Q3.

You should be able to choose.

That I'll agree with.

I'd probably pick center, it's just easiest to use.

For realism's sake, he should carry them exactly how they're meant to. The original Doomguy would've have broken his wrist when firing the pistol in that awkard position, not to mention he would undoubtedly break his ribs after one SSG shot. Besides that looks incredibly stupid on third person.

Play Unreal Tournament and set your weapon hand to 'center'.

That's what I meant.

There should be an option for this-weapons: realistic or centered. 'Nuff said.

[inside joke]They should make the rocket launcher like the RPG in the Duke Nukem beta![/inside joke]

heh.

You should be able to choose.

Hell yeah, like in Quake II!

Like in UT

UT does it perfect. I always play 'centered' with UT, it just seems so much easier somehow.