Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Coopersville

New Duke Nukem Forever gameplay trailer

I wish I didnt hear that audio. The game looks alright but it sounds really boring.

I have to say that I like how well the monsters translated from sprites to models without pulling a Doom 3.

Also John St. John must be out of practice because that Duke voice is all wrong.

They posted it three days too late. DN4 news should always be on the first of April, and no other day of the year.

40oz said:

I wish I didnt hear that audio. The game looks alright but it sounds really boring.

Very true. The thing that urked me the most about it was how underpowered the guns sounded. Mostly the Ripper and shotgun. If the game does come out, lets hope the sounds where place holders.

the ripper sounded like the minigun from skulltag to me. the game itself looks fun, the audio was somewhat lacking, and i hope the driving dosent become a large part of the game, since they seemed to have kept the rest of the gameplay from duke nukem 3d so well.

Agreed on the audio lacking. While the video is rewarding view, didn't we just literally watch the same few scenes three times in a row?

- Duke stares/fights an underwater tentacle monster
- Duke shoots the devastator at a giant floating monster
- Duke fires at some monsters in knee-deep (HAH) water
- Duke sees something fall into the turbine/pushes giant tool drawer into turbine
- Duke walks through wild west scene
- Duke drives a truck
- Duke does a puzzle with a pallet board

Rinse/repeat in no particular order. Don't get me wrong, I like and appreciate the video, but it seemed awfully padded in terms of length.

Also, what Bank said about the Duke voice.

Kirby said:

Agreed on the audio lacking. While the video is rewarding view, didn't we just literally watch the same few scenes three times in a row?

They've probably only finished a few levels. Although considering the insane amount of work a modern level takes, we'll be lucky if there's more than a few.

Is it even a genuine teaser release? I don't see anything that makes me think it came from any kind of official or reliable source. It could easily just be some footage of the engine shown in the last teaser that has been, purely coincidentally of course, published at the start of April.

Scet said:

They've probably only finished a few levels. Although considering the insane amount of work a modern level takes, we'll be lucky if there's more than a few.

When it comes out in 2015.
The sound is a bit weak.

I might be wrong, but I just read an article yesterday that says that the audio in that clip-feast isn't original, It's actually fan made by the person that uploaded it.

[EDIT]

GeorgeBroussard said: Is this real? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLrT66YmTls

No. That second trailer is not official and is a low quality fan made trailer created out of some leaked footage a "fan" grabbed from a level designer portfolio site. They music and voice was all added by the video creator.

as seen in
http://www.formspring.me/GeorgeBroussard

not the same as the one in the OP but most of the sounds are the same.

the weapon at 1:33 sounds like a joke, or a homage to the 8-bit times. or a chicken.
jon st. john sounds... tired and duke's quotes suck. i guess they were too busy developing the game to watch movies and rip off catchphrases.

Ahcruna said:

not the same as the one in the OP but most of the sounds are the same.

Isn't it the exact same trailer (second part)?

But it's fake huh? I just got sad :(.

Gez said:

Possibly the best Q&A in the history of the Internet.

Agreed. Laughed at that for a good 5 minutes.

Whether real or not, my friend and I made a bet 2 years ago whether DNF or Dr. Dre's Detox would be released first. Both of us are pretty much sure-fire that we aren't going to win that bet (my money's on Detox). They've both reached the point of a punchline, and fuck... they're both so old that win it actually gets released, I won't care.

I hope the gameplay footage is at least genuine. The sound is shit, but it looks like a load of fun! Really makes me want to see a legitimate sequel to Blood as well. Blood 2 was bullshit.

Ninjalah said:

Isn't it the exact same trailer (second part)?

But it's fake huh? I just got sad :(.

yeah your right, I didn't really see the one I linked to the end. just spaz-clicked through it all

It looked neat, but you could only hold 2 weapons, and you threw grenades with what looked like a button different from the one to fire, like the dreaded COD I have beginning to hate. I hope all they borrow from that game is the control scheme...

What the hell is it going to take for people to accept the fact that this game is canceled?

That's what they want us to believe.

Rumour has it that development's continuing at a secret location, with Broussard vowing he'll not repeat past mistakes - like switching 3D engines at regular intervals. Their new development strategy is to create the levels and resources then wait for someone to develop an engine worthy of the Duke.

AndrewB said:

What the hell is it going to take for people to accept the fact that this game is canceled?

Probably as much as it took John Romero to realize that he didn't make everyone his bitch.

AndrewB said:

From the point of view of how today's game industry appears to function on a business level, it doesn't make any sense to permanently can such a potentially huge money-maker as a Duke Nukem sequel/reboot/whatever. Even if the final product turns out to be less than what people hoped for.

Then they'll turn to Zynga to make it into a Mafia Wars type of game. Problem solved, and they'll make a pretty buck out of "game money".

AndrewB said:

Boy are you going to look dumb when Duke Nukem Forever comes out and is like the best game ever ^_^