Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
22Alpha22

ZTerrain

I recently discovered ZTerrain and looks awesome, but I can't figure out to use. I checked the Zdoom forums, but it was not very much help. If anyone could give me an example of how to use, I would appreciate it.

I'm not quite sure i follow...? Do you mean run the wad? All you have to do is drag and drop the desired wad onto zdoom.exe.

Zterrain is a command line program that takes a height map ad coverts it into a zdoom wad. I want to know how to use zterrain.

I take it that ZTerrain was never updated to use vertex height things?

Enjay said:

I take it that ZTerrain was never updated to use vertex height things?

You are correct in your assumption.

Grubber, at one point in the distant past, mentioned something about cleaning up
the source and perhaps making it more user friendly. Since nothing happened on his end,
I was really disappointed, that after all his efforts, BHS couldn't bring his utility on line.

As it is right now, Zterrain is cumbersome to use and really only works satisfactorily for
relatively small maps. However, Zterrain does work.

Although I never tried it, Nemesis also has made a Terrain Generator.
http://nemesis.thewavelength.net/index.php?p=8
From what I see on Nem's website, it could be quite useful if there is a way to convert the terrain from Quake to G/ZDoom.

Nem's Terrain generator is not for Zdoom and wont work. It can however make height maps and they can be used in ZTerrain.