Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DuckReconMajor

Romero is answerin' questions

I asked him a question about if he had much control over the development of DOOM 64 and if he liked how the game turned out.

Scuba Steve said:

If he sends an email with his address... I'll send him a free copy of Urban Brawl.

Scuba Steve wants to make John Romero his bitch..? :P

Ultraboy94 said:

I asked him a question about if he had much control over the development of DOOM 64 and if he liked how the game turned out.

Are you serious? I looked here and I didn't find anything about that Romero was responsible for the development for Doom 64 at all ... You are wrong :-P !

Mordeth said:

Scuba Steve wants to make John Romero his bitch..? :P

No, he wants to make John Romero his dianer :-). I said dianer, because he wouldn't take over a classic doom project anymore... but maybe a dianer :-) !

EDIT: I meant deaner with "e"

I asked if he preferred ESDF ('standard' touch typing position) or WASD (Every FPS I've got on the PC comes with this standard)

I asked the following:

What did you create at Keen 4? It is the best Keen I think. Maybe you have a favorite level of it? Mine is "Chasm Of Chills" (on the map: up right in the cave)

doom2day said:

I asked if he preferred ESDF ('standard' touch typing position) or WASD (Every FPS I've got on the PC comes with this standard)

He's already answered that, but yeah, I figured if he's using RIGHT SHIFT to jump, he's probably not using either.

DuckReconMajor said:

He's already answered that, but yeah, I figured if he's using RIGHT SHIFT to jump, he's probably not using either.

Turns out he's left handed and uses the arrow keys.
I am mildly surprised by this.

Deeforce said:

You can say "helper" or assistent... (...this is more correct). I say deaner :-P!

"Assistent" is not more correct than assistant.

And while "Diener" is a German word than you may find in English, neither "dianer" nor "deaner" exist.

I often use online dictionaries myself - but you have to be aware that their translations are not always entirely trustworthy, and sometimes even include some quite evil denglish user submissions. Don't be the Sandy Peterson of words!

Gez said:

assistant

you may find in English, neither "dianer" nor "deaner" exist.

Your link doesn't work for me...

assistant = deaner =>

to assist:
"the activity of contributing to the fulfillment of a need or furtherance of an effort or purpose"
http://www.wordreference.com/definition/assist

I think the word deaner is an english word, because I found 2 websites with it (see above).

EDIT: on one of these websites I found "Unverified" now. Well, then I meant assistant :-)

DuckReconMajor said:

speaks well, has a certain charm about him, but is disliked by many for reasons unknown.

QFT

PRIMEVAL said:

He has good musical taste. Savatage is amazing, RIP Criss Oliva.

I'd say Savatage was amazing, then Criss died and it all went to hell. :(

Savatage with Criss Oliva and Crimson Glory with Midnight 25 years ago at Donnington? Where do I get tickets?!

Hijacked! Now that you've asked John Romero everything you've ever wondered, now you can ask a true gaming legend what you want...

ME.

Here ya go!

Dr. Sleep owes Romero 10 grand? I wonder if that's sarcasm or truth..

Wow he's got a fully vertically tiling grotesque face texture. I don't doubt it can be done with a photoeditor though. But Doom normally lacks the tiling.

I asked him from a design standpoint what he liked about MMOs, then asked him why he didn't think MUDs from back in the day lived up to this.

printz said:

Wow he's got a fully vertically tiling grotesque face texture. I don't doubt it can be done with a photoeditor though. But Doom normally lacks the tiling.

That texture is in the JDUI for Doomsday. Can't remember if it tiled vertically in it though.

I asked him what was his opinion of PSX Doom. I might ask him about his feelings on the censorship of SNES Wolf 3d, and if SNES Doom was really censored.