Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
neubejiita

keep.wad finished.

http://bejiitas_wrath.tripod.com/files/keep.zip

Tell me what you think of this map and your suggestions for improving it before I put it onto /newstuff.

Thanks. I am working on another project now and I forgot about this project until I found the build directory on my hard disk. As I was managing it freedoom style with deutex, I just had to type ./run to test it.

Excuse me, but correct me if I am wrong... your wad seems to be missing some textures in it, such as "QFLAT3" or something.

Please if you could update your link and fix these missing textures that would be nice.

You need to load the gothictx.wad before loading this wadfile, I just ran it again and there were no errors. Sorry I should have said that initially. As it uses the Gothic DM textures. But I am only testing it with prboom-plus.

This doesn't work with skulltag. I know you said Boom, but it's unfortunate it can't extend across other platforms :(

Ok, so yeah I checked out your text file again, and I see now that it says that you used gothicDM textures with it. (the white spaces were all messed up and I didn't bother to fix that in the txt file... so I misread some of it.)

So thanks for the reply.

I'll post up my thoughts on your level soon!

this wad's pretty nice. i enjoy the epicness of it all. all the room to run around is good. there are a crap-ton of monsters, with not enough ammo to kill them all. i'd guess that 75% of the monsters that died when i played through it died by infighting. which is fine, if that's what you're going for. and i think i still only got 60% kills or so in the end.

the architecture's well done, if a bit minimal. still the look of it is memorable because of the room sizes.

the level's pretty easy with all the running around room. in all I had a good time making my way through this one. keep up the good work!

NT

Nice map! I was a bit disappointed it ended so soon and I never found the rocket launcher :(. Even so, I was able to get 74% kills. I didn't find any secrets, or try very hard to find them as the level is so vast. I really liked the atmosphere of the map. Vast and breathtaking. I liked the sky a lot, too, but it didn't tile properly. :( It would have been fun to have found the Rocket Launcher and maybe an arch vile or two to keep the dead undead.