• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Demon101

AEoD 5 Released!

AEoD v5 has been released!
For AEoD fans,(like me)go to this site:
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=20500&hilit=aeod

AEOD 5 has new features like: Player classes, Tons of new monsters, weapons and items from numerous games, such as Heretic, Hexen, Quake, Quake 2, Redneck rampage, Duke Nukem, Blood, etc.

You can also use the Diabolical Dice to get a ramdom effect. Sometimes it could be good, it could be bad, it could be great, it could mean death. You can carry 3 of them, getting a triple 6 will spawn a item that gives you 666 armor and health.

Play it and post your thoughts here.

Looks interesting, but too bad its GZDoom exclusive; OpenGl happens to blow nutsacks on my computer most of the time.

Aldaraia said:

Looks interesting, but too bad its GZDoom exclusive; OpenGl happens to blow nutsacks on my computer most of the time.

It should still work properly in standard ZDoom (which I think recently added support for weapon and HUD graphics to be displayed palette-independent, so they shouldn't be ruined). The only thing it doesn't work in at the moment is Skulltag, and I don't think they intend for it to either.

Basically, for someone wanting a VAST change of pace, give this a try. The new weapon slots system (which can be disabled for purists and people who love to carry 50+ weapons) is a godsend for people like me, and you'll rarely encounter the same enemy more than once per level. The disadvantage to that, of course, is that the mod is 329 MB. Caveat emptor, I guess.