Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
neubejiita

Doomworld forums title BG.

Yeah that's one of the infamous pictures of them. I've never seen it on Doomworld before.

I bet this is a hack. No one here has that sick of a sense of humor.

EDIT: it's listed in display options under "ummm..." for "monster". Who the hell did this?

That's definitely a picture from a Columbine security camera, but I've never seen it before on the Doomworld banner.

Aliotroph? said:

Is it bad that I find it extremely funny?

Heh, judging from the other responses, it depends on who you ask. :p

Huh, I've never seen that one before. Do you need some sort of alternate .css or something to see it?

I've never seen that before. I like it there I think it is badass.

AndrewB said:

That sure looks like one of the two dudes. I've never noticed this in the background.

Dylan Klebold is in the middle with the backwards hat, eric harris is far to the left.

It's not in the list of things to appear randomly, but somehow it ended up in the display options. I don't know who put it there or when.

I've seen it before, a while back. And isn't that crudely drawn Doom guy from one of Eric Harris' notebooks that was posted on the internet in its entirety?

AgentSpork said:
And isn't that crudely drawn Doom guy from one of Eric Harris' notebooks that was posted on the internet in its entirety?

Yeah. It seems that the date of the files on the server is a few days after Harris' additional notebook material was released to the public back in July '06. Perhaps the header images were used along with the news entry here about that release, back then.

Crazy.

Also weird is now that I've switched my display to "ummm..." and back to random, I'm getting some Doom3-related header images I've never seen before.

EDIT: I wish I'd known about the "Display options" before! Now my Doomworld is purty.

Creaphis said:

Crazy.

Also weird is now that I've switched my display to "ummm..." and back to random, I'm getting some Doom3-related header images I've never seen before.

EDIT: I wish I'd known about the "Display options" before! Now my Doomworld is purty.

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/7839/asdfpl.png

Yeah same here, I switched the "Focus" option to classic Doom to get the default layout again.

chopkinsca said:

On the main page, under the list of links to the right.

And why is the Post Hell theme that newbies are talking about missing?

I'm not offended but it certainly doesn't belong here. Those two sucked big time.

Internet forum banners are serious business I guess. I'm siding with exp(x) though, the banner isn't particularly clever or funny though.

Uh, adding on to the "who actually owns this site" thing, is bloodshedder in charge of handling emails (complaints)? That's what comes up when "Contact Us" is clicked.

Maybe we can ask him when/who/how this was ingrained into the site?