Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest DILDOMASTER666

Fisk's Bullshit MIDI Thread

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Not sure where to put this. Here's a bunch of MIDIs I did for Doomworld's perusal at their leisure, and I would also like to say that if someone out there needs a shitty MIDI made for their awesome project, I would be happy to contribute. That is, in the case that you can't get a hold of Jimmy91 or somebody with more talent. ;)

If you would like to use any of these, hit me up on AIM, PM, or whatever. Have fun listening I guess. :V I'll try to keep this thread up-to-date daily as I make more shit.

EDIT: All my music is now hosted on my global box.net folder.

http://box.net/fisk-midi

What the hell? I gotta go through SpeedyShare ten times for ten MIDI files? Zip archives, tarballs and the like were invented for a reason.

Guest DILDOMASTER666
Aliotroph? said:

What the hell? I gotta go through SpeedyShare ten times for ten MIDI files? Zip archives, tarballs and the like were invented for a reason.

Fine, you big ninny.

;)

Could you play by ear? I'll start assembling a team for my WAD after beta release of my WAD, so I'll probably want a musician to compose/sequence music. You're not needed until beta, but I thought I'd tell you ahead of time. Now if I could carry through that damn project.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Certainly. Just PM me when the time comes and I'll be there to lend a hand. That goes for anyone else looking for a musician as well.

You'll have to explain what you want me to play by ear, though. :P

Nice to see another musician in the Doom scene. ;) I'll go through these in the order I listen to them.

Orchard of Lamentations: Heh, not as Hexen-y as I expected. :P The guitars keep the piece interesting despite its slightly repetitive nature. The bass sounds really good, however.
Freedom Fighters: Wow! In the first eight bars I'm already rocking out, and it only gets better from then on. The lead guitar in particular does some really cool arpeggios and such, and the drums are really cool as well. This wouldn't sound out of place in a WAD like Icarus's soundtrack.
Undying: The intro to this song sounds vaguely like it's in 5/4, which I love, although the melody isn't particularly memorable. There is definitely a nice moody feel to this one. Reminds me of Jeremy Doyle's work for Requiem.
Stream of Consciousness: Nice arrangement of a kickass song. You certainly know what you're doing with this one - this song would have had me struggling! :P
Darkest Days: This reminds me of Tom_D's CIF3 work. This has a very hardcore feel to it that would fit a HR-style map like a glove. :D Awesome!
Breaking the Broken: Sounds very Hexen-y at the start, which I really liked, and then became very TNT-ish, which I liked even more. If you were shooting for a fast-paced techno-metal feel, then you succeeded for the most part, although the constant tempo changes slightly jarred on me. That odd part that comes in about halfway through had me guessing, but overall it works well - same with the intermittent silences.
The Denial Suite: Both these songs are good. Nothing spectacular, but pretty well put together overall. They especially feature some nice guitar solos and chords.
Torn from the Heart: Sounds seriously menacing so far. I can imagine this accompanying MAP29 in a megawad. This deserves to be finished.
Future Shock: Very syncopated in the latter parts but definitely sounds hardcore so far. It'd be great if this one could get finished, too.

Overall, really nice job on these! You are definitely on par with some of the more accomplished Doom musicians out there, Fisk. There's some really good stuff in these MIDIs that I have yet to perfect myself. Don't lose heart! :)

(On a technical note, could you make sure you assign a channel to each of your tracks? I had to play these through WMP because Cakewalk Express couldn't detect the instruments.)

I'm still need to listen to a couple of them, but overall these are really quite excellent! I'd love to hear more.

I know I don't say it as much as I should, but your work is really good. Every piece you've sent me is great and gives me a run for my money any day of the week. :P

You are a talented individual, Mr. Sulli- I MEAN FISK.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Thank you all for the comments (holy crap, Jimmy91 likes my MIDIs :D), I really appreciate it. To show I appreciate it, I uploaded a new (although at the moment not finished) track called Toxic Tension, intended to loop in a map, and I updated two previous tracks. In addition, I updated The Whole Collection (tm).

Also, when I get the chance, I will move around the track arrangements so that each instrument is separated. Some instruments in a few tracks change mid-song, which I imagine is causing some people problems (Jimmy91).

Guest DILDOMASTER666

The Denial Suite is now finished as one complete MIDI. Stream of Consciousness is also now properly done (it felt incomplete without a fwe of the new parts :P).

Quite good. I have little conventional music knowledge/training and often when I study tracks like freedom fighters (in modplug tracker, which isn't good for midi but whatever) it seems like the creator just uses whatever notes they want without following the the major or minor scale (as far as I understand at least). The only way the first 'bar' or whatever of freedom fighters made sense to me was if diminished chords were used (like c, d#, f# instead of c, e, g) or maybe if some other scale was used. (I highlighted all notes of the first part and tried to lower them all a semitone until there were only white piano keys, to see if it could map onto the major or minor scale, but there were always some black keys no matter how I transposed it).

I think my crappy music sounds too happy because I use too wide a spectrum of notes in the scale, and generally only use white piano keys (either starting on 'a' for minor or 'c' for major).

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Funny you should mention that. Toxic Tension and Torn from the Heart I've been heavily considering contributing to FreeDoom to replace some of the more "lacking" tracks in there currently (not to knock the artists that made them!).

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Check The Whole Collection (tm). It is hosted on DRDTeam's repo and always contains the latest updates to my stuff every time I add to this thread.

In the mean time, I'll be looking for a better place to host my MIDIs than SpeedyShare - I'm guessing SS deletes things that don't get downloaded after 30 days or something. DRDTeam's repo does not allow me to upload raw MIDI files and I do not want to inconvenience everyone by zipping them up individually. But then, if nobody's opposed, I can just as easily zip them up one-by-one and put them on the repo space I suppose.

I got nothin' to do, so I'll give 'em a listen.

Breaking the Broken - I'm a huge fan of Chuck Shuldiner (RIP Chuck!), and I just had to listen to this first. It's not too bad. Pretty close to the real song in some parts, a little different in others. Doesn't make me want to kill you for blasphemy at least! 3.5/5 stars!

Darkest Days - Not too bad. The name sounds familiar, but I found I was thinking of Megadeth's "In my Darkest Hour". Overall meh. Good Midi composition, but as a whole doesn't catch my fancy. Would probably be fine for a doom map. 2/5 stars.

Freedom Fighters - Starts out pretty sick. This would make a pretty bad ass song for a classic style Doom map. I like it. Good melody, and a good driving rhythm. 4.5/5 stars!

Orchard of Lamentations - I like it. It's not flashy, but it sounds good and chugs along coherently. Definitely a good ambient track for a fairly easy but drawn out and grueling boss battle or something. 4/5 stars.

Stream of Consciousness - I like Dream Theater but I'm not totally sure if I've heard this one. Sounds pretty good overall. 4/5 stars.

Undying - I like the mellow intro, and the heavier parts fit in pretty well. This would be a good tune for a kind of and abstract dreamlike, hellish map. 4/5 stars

I haven't listened to the others and may or may not do so later.

However, i might have to proposition you to help out with the Abyss Community Project if/when it ever gets closer to completion. Could use some good tunes to compliment the hopefully good mapset we're working on!

Guest DILDOMASTER666

@Nomad: Sure, I wouldn't mind. I'd gladly pump out a MIDI or 32 (keep in mind I am also a mapper ;) ).

Fisk and I are always writing material folks. Don't be surprised if you hear these midi's make it to actual recordings or live situations. Thank you guys for all the great comments on Fisk's work(as well as my co and main credits), really inspires us to keep working!

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Added The Eagle Spreads Its Wings, a map loop based on a Demoniac song. I also updated Stream of Consciousness as well as The Whole Collection (tm).

Also, this means that I am beginning work on the requests sent to me by Kagemaru_H. Sorry for the delay - I've been busy and my girlfriend recently tried to OD over depression.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Big update: all my music is now hosted on http://box.net/fisk-midi . It seems a bit more reliable of a choice for hosting compared to speedyshare.com and zshare.net and all those other places. It is also a great deal more organized.

I like that new site a lot better. I do note that after listening to the mw2 cover, that it is hard to use the gunshot instrument, but you did well.
Your midi's loop well and they have good potential for games.
Keep up the good work, you're doing well.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Save from third-page damnation. Check out MIDI/unfinished/Godforsaken.mid for the best 4-minute intro you have ever heard.