Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EagleDoom

A wad I think is so bad it's funny.

I discovered this via a YouTube review, and I laughed my ass off. And I can't stop thinking about the video because of how funny it is. A couple of days later, I had trouble eating my breakfast, because I was too busy thinking about the mod and this review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HdVps0Tv9M

I downloaded it myself not long after I first saw it. I don't remember what day it was though. I actually managed to beat the first level believe it or not, but this wad is still crappy I think. The guy was right. It's not worth downloading. It is however funny to watch though. Because it's so bad it's funny, like I said.

By the way:Do you know who ate all the donuts? And THIS IS BLOODY DIRTY!

Zombies TC?! This was released in 1994/1995. I don't think it's right to make fun of something that can be considered a pioneer.

I didn't know how old it was when I saw the video and downloaded it. I apologize. I thought the sound effects he added to the video were hilarious though. I didn't understand the way most of them were used however. But again, I didn't know this mod was that old.

Was this really ever considered pioneer? I remember playing this back in the 90's (or something like that, a really, really long time ago) and still thinking it was... pretty crap.

Total conversion mods were comparatively rare back in those days, so I'd say the fact that there is almost no original Doom resources left is an achievement in itself.

kristus said:

Can JDoom even use dehacked patches?

Yep. It can.

One might also note that the "uninformed" (to be nice) reviewer is also running at least part of the jdrp; many of the fireballs are models.

This was a great TC back in the day, i still remember the web site it had photos of the team members etc..

The redux edition was ace as well!

I loved the Zombies TC, Cory Whittle (sp) produced a nice edge enhanced version as well, he was a pioneer imo in his own right.

Doom Wiki said:

Civilian - replaces the Cyberdemon. He does nothing, just walks around.

That would explain the "boss" that kills him in the first level, which when loading the wad and the dehacked patch correctly creates a harmless person.

The hovering dead men who yell and joust towards you, and die in a skullfire death, look cool anyways.