Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cacomonkey

Joke wads where you didn't get the joke - BIG TIME

I'm thinking specifically of the anti-classic wad where multiples of John Romero's head run around trying to fuck you in the ass. But perhaps the biggest joke of this wad was that you literally can't survive the first few steps before gettin' it in the ass by a John Romero green plasma penis ball. PROFOUNDLY unfunny. What are some other joke wads where you didn't get the joke - BIG TIME?

C.

Except the CIF trilogy. Jokewads with actual GAMEPLAY rather than just lulz. Although they had lulz too.

Speaking of joke wads, I was thinking of checking out The Community is Falling 3 but am I going to be dazed & confused by all the inside gags since I only recently came to this forum, or can it be enjoyed on its own terms? I tried it out and was intrigued by certain elements, like the adventure/puzzle aspects & the old JRPG-style dialogue boxes.

C.

scalliano said:

Except the CIF trilogy. Jokewads with actual GAMEPLAY rather than just lulz. Although they had lulz too.

I am a fairly important part of CIF3 (as much as the spider mastermind is an important part of doom 1) and I still don't get all of the jokes in CIF3. Though I will admit they are pretty spectacular wads.

I got most of them, but quite a few went over my head, too. The main reason I love CIF3 is because it showcases pretty much everything that ZDoom can do. Up to that point I'd never seen anything like it, and I was already no stranger to ZDoom.

Mock 2.

I got the joke plenty, but what I didn't like was being beaten over the head with it for 4 hours straight.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Just about every jokewad I've ever played that isn't a tongue-in-cheek stab at the community in itself are pretty much all lame to me. That means, by default, the only jokewads that are good are the dwforums trilogy and the CIF trilogy.

Ralphis said:

Deus Vult

Amen. I, for one, was not attracted to the phallic imagery in Deus Vult 2 (sha-wing!).

UnholyMessias said:

Blasphemy, how can one of the best wads ever be a jokewad?

When it's CIF3.

Another good one is It Only Gets Worse.

I liked Mock 2. But then again, I probably wasn't supposed to, which means the joke flew over my head big time there.

Mock 2 is pretty great in places, but it DOES get annoying after awhile.

the SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORS are classic, as well as the Endless Secret Crusher Hallway in "The Electric Duck Experience".

It's amazing, every map manages to suck in a unique, wonderful way.

The first map is genius as well.