Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ahcruna

Weapon question

Zdoom question.

I do know there is a power up function from Heretic/Hexen that can do this.

But is there anyway to add a levitate or fly action in a weapon so it would effect either the user or targeted actor?

If you want it to affect the user, change the powerup type (find it at the zdoom wiki). If you want it to affect the monster, this will be more difficult.

For the monster, you must make it a projectile of some sort (monsters cannot pick up powerups themselves) and make the projectile use the cmmand upon death A_GiveToTarget. Make a flag changing item that is givable to a monster and give it the command (A_SetFlag("Float",1) and A_SetFlag("Nogravity",1)). Make the item wait for a while, then make it set those flags back to 0. It should work that way. Of course, you could make the "Powerup" like a mine, a projectile that does this effect on contact so it works for either the player or a monster.

EDIT:

Ahcruna said:

Zdoom question.

You really should ask these kind of questions on the Zdoom forums.
You really should.

Thanks for the reply.

also I can't access the Zdoom forums from this internet connection. it comes out as a "connection timed-out". no idea why.

Ahcruna said:

Thanks for the reply.

also I can't access the Zdoom forums from this internet connection. it comes out as a "connection timed-out". no idea why.

That's too bad, but there's not really any reason to go there. Its full of elitists, furries, topic closers and mods that think permanent banning is THE CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL.

Ahrcuna: If not the forums, can you at least access the wiki? It might help you with your question. Try: http://www.zdoom.org/wiki

DoomTroll said:

That's too bad, but there's not really any reason to go there. Its full of elitists, furries, topic closers and mods that think permanent banning is THE CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL.

Yes, I'm going to believe someone called "doom troll" on this subject....

Spleen said:

Ahrcuna: If not the forums, can you at least access the wiki? It might help you with your question. Try: http://www.zdoom.org/wiki

Won't load either, something iffy is going on and I'm narrowing it down to ".org/.net" atm.

I'll have to check if my router is the cause of this or worse call the ISP tomorrow if the first wont work, in any case I'll be sure to read through the flight action once I get it working.

thanks for the thought though =)

Ahcruna said:

Won't load either, something iffy is going on and I'm narrowing it down to ".org/.net" atm.

I'll have to check if my router is the cause of this or worse call the ISP tomorrow if the first wont work, in any case I'll be sure to read through the flight action once I get it working.

thanks for the thought though =)

Hmm, try using one of those free online proxies.