Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ghastly

Marine Skins - v7

Pretty awesome, now ZDoom won't have the normal "Base" as the only one.

But tbh, the BFG10k one kinda... Looks depressing, the gun just doesn't look right.

In the first test sprite for the BFG10k, the gun was larger, but it looked even less fitting than it does now.

I'm still working on this, actually. Here are the skins that will likely be in the new version:

They are the Auto-Shotgun (from Demon Eclipse), the Carbine (technically, the Classic Assault Rifle, but I didn't want to overlap a more stereotypical assault rifle, if I did one), the Nailgun (from IGPack), the Plasma Beam, the Karasawa (also from IGPack), the Lightning Rifle (UT2k4), the Bio-Cannon (used to be Skulltag's BFG10k, before the new sprite), and the Redeemer (also UT2k4).

I also now have crouching sprites for the Land-Mine Marine and am working on crouching sprites for the Dual-Pistol Marine.

kristus said:

How about the Mancubus arm? There are a weapon sprite set for them, courtesy of Scuba.

That, unfortunately, is not something I have the skill to do. Xim, who made most of the skins, did a RevRocket Marine, but he never got around to a MancuMarine.

Might it be possible to use some sort of script to change the skin based on what is in the player's hands, namely for coop/deathmatch?

Skulltag has an actor property for weapons that automatically (and not permanantly) changes the skin as long as the weapon is selected.

Ghastly_dragon said:

Skulltag has an actor property for weapons that automatically (and not permanantly) changes the skin as long as the weapon is selected.

Correct, but the only wad I've seen use this is All Out War 2.

Super Flip said:

Correct, but the only wad I've seen use this is All Out War 2.

And Hard-Doom, Deathball (ST version), Show-Weapons, WhoDunIt...

I was also planning on making a VWep (Viewable Weapons was the term for it in Quake 2) mod for Demon Eclipse and maybe IGPack and Sabbat Martyr.

Wouldn't it look better if the Marine had both his fists up?
like in, always ready to punch stuff =)

[EDIT]

Nevermind, ignore what I just said.

Ghastly_dragon said:

Good to hear, does this work when using Perkristan's smooth weapon animation mod?

This is just a skin pack, though it is a resource for VWep mods. Weapon.PreferredSkin has to be added to the smooth weapon animation mod, though, for that to work.

Ghastly_dragon said:

This is just a skin pack, though it is a resource for VWep mods. Weapon.PreferredSkin has to be added to the smooth weapon animation mod, though, for that to work.

Hmmm...can you give me step by step to make this work?

Add these skins (preferably in SkinInfo, because S_Skin excludes lumps), then put Weapon.PreferredSkin "SkinName" in the weapon's decorate, as a property. As long as the weapon is selected, you will display as the preferred skin.

Updated to version 6! Several new skins added, and several tweaks to existing skins (especially death sprites).

This looks fraggin' amazing! Definitly impressive. I'd like to see if you can put the Q3A weapons on those guys. It would probably look awesome. Nicely done!

-Alando1

Updated to version 7! Added a few new skins, and crouching sprites for all the sets that didn't have any! :D

Some of those weapons do not look particularly good rotated to fit in the marine's hands. One possibility for making them look better is to, using Photoshop, rotate a copy without filtering and to rotate a copy with filtering, then overlay the filtered copy over the unfiltered copy at a transparency setting that looks good. Make sure that partially transparent pixels in the filtered copy are cut out using the unfiltered copy as a base.

Also, he's not holding the super shotgun underneath his arm. That will likely cause a broken wrist upon firing.