Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FanTazTiCxD

8-level episode release!

YAY! Today I finished my little Doom project about making an episode of 8 levels in doom (It's covering the first doom II levels MAP01, MAP02, MAP03... MAP08)

So use the Doom II IWad and start with MAP01 of course :)

I also added skill levels so it's getting pretty impossible on hard :P Go ahead and see if you can beat it!

-

-

-

-

MAP01:

Name: The Opening to Experience

Description:

I uploaded the first 4 episodes once here on this website but I didn't make the other at that time so you might regonize this map.

It's just a simple easy and fast finished level (A few bugs too)

Picture:

MAP02:

Name: Multiworld

Decription:

I uploaded the first 4 episodes once here on this website but I didn't make the other at that time so you might regonize this map.

One of my first levels so don't complain too much :P It's like outdoor areas and indoor. I don't know what to call it really so I just call it multiworld :P

MAP03:

Name: SS Downtown

Description:

Simply a downtown designed level with Wolfenstein soldiers. It also includes a labyrinth and a Spider Mastermind

MAP04:

Name: Monster Circle

Description:

I got a little inspiration from the "Circle of Death" level from the normal doom. Cause there is a large circle with a hole in the middle. But there are also other things in it like on the picture below

MAP05:

Name: Space Station

Description:

I already posted this level here on doomworld but I'll give it a description anyways!

Its a space looking station full of silver small tunnels so you can easily go wild between the demons and Wolfensteins! It took me pretty long to make this level!

MAP06:

Name: Son of Computer Station

Description:

This gotta be the best level I ever made! In this level I am sure nobody is going to complain about the textures ;P It is strongly based on E1M7 from Ultimate Doom! I like how E1M7 makes openings to other rooms so you can kill the enemies before entering it! AWESOME! And can you find the secret and get the blue megaspare? **

MAP07:

Name: The Evil John

Description:

I already posted this level here on this website.

It's like icon of sin just with some more challence ;) Actually it is pretty hard to shot at the right point into the John Romero's head!

MAP08:

Name: Stairway to Heaven

Description:

Just as you thought it was all over a final boss was waiting for ya! The CyberDemon! In this level you have to run through a damaging floor and push a switch and back again. When you come back again you have only about 10% life but the switch made a stair to a teleport. Then you teleport to a large room with one Cyber Demon (also a lot of demons if you play on hard) After a while and through another teleport you finally arrive to the lovely stairway to heaven to end your experience as seen below!

So that's it! Please download my wad! Tell me what was the best! I know it's bugged some places but you don't have to tell me that ;)

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mjqjmjqgzjt

FanTazTiCxD said:

Tell me what was the best!

1) You're having alot of fun with it.
2) Uhhh...it was a quick download?

FanTazTiCxD said:

MAP06:

Name: Son of Computer Station

i'm hopelessly hypnotized by this name. luckily the son isn't rising, or avenging, i'm not sure i'd survive such awesomeness.

trying not to post in this thread

np Bastard Priest - Insane Merciless Death

edit: no doubt this fantaztic-something-dude is an trollish alter-ego of someone on doomworld having "fun"

I really like the map names too. The maps look a bit like 1994 maps or newbie maps, but those are sometimes fun for a quick look. I'll try it out.

Aldaraia said:

"The Evil John" sounds more like a demon-possessed porta-potty that steals souls.

my thoughts exactly

FanTazTiCxD said:

Simply a downtown designed level with Wolfenstein soldiers. It also includes a labyrinth and a Spider Mastermind'

I can't imagine a worse combination in a map, unless a switch-hunt was also involved.

Aldaraia said:

"The Evil John" sounds more like a demon-possessed porta-potty that steals souls.

Rips yer soul right out yer ass when you least suspect it!

Gawd that must hurt.

"YOW! WTF WAS THAT!?", you yell as you LEAP from the toilet.

I fixed all the bugs I could fix so I can't do anything more. Play with it please. And the names was just something I said to myself fast. I could call it anything else as well.

and about level 3: What is so wrong with that? the blue soldiers are cool to a city like that! :D

Thanks all for downloading and liking my wad

MAP07 screenshot reminds me of E1M7..onto analyzing the levels..

MAP01:

-Linedefs 183 and 186 are overlapping and referencing different sectors (Trip line in sky floor room).
-Sectors 1, 12, 26, 30, 36, 38, 39 40 and 41 are not closed. Sector 26 is also part of the left sky room as well as the first wall in the starting room is and sectors 39 and 40 should be 1-sided/impassable (No double sided flags needed and remove back side)
-Linedefs 7, 116, 120, 121, 122, 123, 124, 128, 137, 139, 190, 232, 237 all have a missing texture of some sort.
-The nukage room does not need a radiation suit due to the size and proximity to non-damaging floors.

MAP02:

-Sectors 13, 27, 46, 47, 54, 65, 66, 78, 82 and 84 are not closed.
-Linedef 483 is missing a texture on the lower back side.

MAP03:

-Linedefs 294 and 296 are overlapping and reference different sectors.
-Sectors 0, 13, 30, 40, 43, 51, 55, 57, 70, 76 and 85 are not closed.
-Linedefs 72, 310, 364, 378, 393, 451, 619, 621, 630, 639 and 717 are missing textures.

MAP04:

-Sectors 69, 80, 82, 83, 85, 130, 144, 165, 167 and 168 are not closed.
-Linedefs 24 and 28 are missing upper textures on their back side.

MAP05:

-Sectors 0, 10, 56, 68, 69, 153, 154, 166, 178, 186 and 188 are not closed.
-Linedefs 442, 443, 445 and 446 are missing upper back textures.
-Linedefs 431 and 453 have two sides but do not have the double sided flag on them.

MAP06:

-Sectors 2, 5, 7, 18, 30 and 93 are not closed.
-Linedefs 105, 106, 107 and 108 are missing a lower back texture.

MAP07:

-Sectors 30 and 34 are not closed.
-Linedefs 102, 178, 179, 180, 181 and 187 are missing either lower or upper textures.

MAP08:

-Sectors 27 and 35 are not closed.
-Linedef 5 is missing a lower texture on the front side.
-Linedefs 175, 176, 177 and 178 are missing front textures. Upon further inspection, this appears to be the "Stairway to Heaven" section.
-Linedefs 17 and 23 have two sides but lack the "Double sided" flag.

---End analysis---

OP, what map editor are you using that is causing all these unclosed sectors?

Mr. Chris said:

OP, what map editor are you using that is causing all these unclosed sectors?

I am using DB1. I tried DB2 once but it sucked. I don't want to hear about the errors. I want to hear what people thought was the best parts of the levels so I can do more of that. ☺

FanTazTiCxD said:

I am using DB1. I tried DB2 once but it sucked. I don't want to hear about the errors. I want to hear what people thought was the best parts of the levels so I can do more of that. ☺

The best parts of your levels were those that didn't have bugs. DB1 is now obsolete since DB2 came out. How does it exactly "suck"? It is much more hard to bug up a map as it fixes some common mistakes the mapper makes. It may be tedious fixing bugs, but when people witness a bug infestation, they begin to feel the author did a half-ass effort in creating a decent map.

I use doom builder 1 cause that is what I like the most. Ok. If you hate maps done with DB1 then don't play mine.

From now on I don't want to hear more about bugs (errors) cause I know there is a few of those but they shouldn't be hard to ignore.

Happy playing!

I just did a quick play through your maps and all were 'Meh' except for Map06 which was a decent homage to Doom's E1M7(also the name "Son of Computer Station" was FTW). Grant it these are your first maps so keep mapping and you might get better.

I am giving you feedback so you can further improve on your mapping skills and get praise that the maps are actually worth playing nor will I sugarcoat my responses to make it sound that it makes you feel better about the maps you presented in this thread.

We at Doomworld can be harsh but also fair, depending on how you respond to folks pointing out the flaws in your maps (unclosed sectors are a BIG flaw and should never be seen in a map for distribution)..I went through the maps with DB2 and pointed out what you should fix before you intend on uploading it to the Idgames archive.

Depending on your response and tone of voice to me, I may or may not attempt to further help you in fixing up the problems I have encountered on your maps. People are willing to help you here if you cooperate with them.

He doesn't really seem to have a firm grasp on English, so before this turns into a total flame shit fest, I'm just going to say that maybe don't mistake his poorly worded sentences for rudeness, so it's best to have patience with this one, heheh. I think he's mistaking the constructive criticism for insults or something. Anyway... just my 2 cents.

For me, these maps do have a certain refreshing charm about them and for some reason I really enjoy these maps, even though they're buggy, they have this light hearted tongue in cheek 1994 (in a good way) feel to em.

Yeah people if you have tips to me just give me them :) But I map in my own way. I want things to be unique and not just like all other maps. That might be the reason why you think mine are special (not so good) And will you please use some easier words? I don't understand half of what you guys say :P

I think I have a different style about mapping than you guys. I like to see something I didn't see before (Like Wolfenstein in a downtown) Actually anything that is unique will always be nice to play for me! :) There are good texture choices and there are very good choices if you ask me. Not such "bad" choices. I mean the textures are cool themself. Oh yeah also a question I have here: Why do you care so much about "map errors" I mean as long as you can't see them ingame why them mention them?

FanTazTiCxD said:

Why do you care so much about "map errors" I mean as long as you can't see them ingame why them mention them?

Yes they can be seen. Perhaps I can help you with this:
You want someone to take your car for a test-drive because you installed plush new seats. The person you've asked to do this is an experienced mechanic. He gets in the car only to discover that the springs are busted, the engine is only running on three cylinders, the brakes make a terrible noise, and the radio is stuck on a Rap station, at full volume, with the knob broken off. The mechanic doesn't want to talk about your seats anymore because he has found some things that are dangerous AND annoying but are easily fixed with a little time and patience. He looks at your tools and sees that you have been using worn-out wrenches that were used to build chariots back in the days of Julius Ceasar so he offers a better tool. A magic tool that helps to keep springs and engines and radios from breaking in the first place so that you don't have to worry about them as you customize the interior of your low-rider. Then the next expert mechanic can get in and really appreciate your work!

You are among expert Doom-mechanics here.

I'm playing more into this mapset and it's still really fun. I really enjoy this style of mapping.

Fantaztic, can you give me permission to personally fix the errors and post it up again? That way everyone will be happier.

DeathevokatioN said:

I'm playing more into this mapset and it's still really fun. I really enjoy this style of mapping.

Fantaztic, can you give me permission to personally fix the errors and post it up again? That way everyone will be happier.

That would be very good thanks! You got my permission! :) Oh and when you fix it can you also please make the walls in MAP08 impassible where you have to cross that damaging floor? If you don't get it just take a look at MAP08 and you know what I mean. And will you also please add a few stimpacks or medikets on the hard skill level in MAP08 so you don't die on your way to the switch?

http://i40.tinypic.com/fojaq9.jpg

As far as I know, MAP08 is impossible on pistol start due to the long as stretch with only a measly medikit at the end of the hallway. If you're putting health on hard mode, then you should on the other difficulties as well.

That is why I ask for him to put medikets on hard mode. (Oh and on medium too) But on easy it takes less life to walk over the floor so I will keep it the same way on easy

FanTazTiCxD said:

That is why I ask for him to put medikets on hard mode. (Oh and on medium too) But on easy it takes less life to walk over the floor so I will keep it the same way on easy

Sounds good to me. When is your next wad coming out?

Aldaraia said:

Sounds good to me. When is your next wad coming out?

I have no idea :-) But I am glad you ask! I just started on a new one today where first level is a container ship and you have a beserk to kill some imps! **