Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FanTazTiCxD

My own cover - E1M2 "The Imps Song" Please check it out!

LOL Why do you always put a dot at the end of each post?

It looks a bit wierd "Cool - well made." I would use a ! instead :-P

You definitely shine here, stick to making Doom cover music. :7

Yeah I also practised playing keyboard in like 7 years! :P But I want to map too though so I hope you think it's okay that I map too just because I am not as good as making music (In your opinion)

One thing I need to get straight is:

You don't have to be talented to be appreciated. Right?

Else thanks for finally telling me some positive :7

FanTazTiCxD said:

I would use a ! instead :-P

I can tell you are excited about it but it doesn't really blow me away. In fact, I don't think there is anything you or anyone could have done, even if you covered it absolutely identically that would make me not still use a period.

I'm just posing my realistic reaction.

Have you considered writing original pieces? In MIDI format? You seem to have a knack for writing music 'by ear' so to speak, which is a talent I really envy.

40oz said:

I can tell you are excited about it but it doesn't really blow me away. In fact, I don't think there is anything you or anyone could have done, even if you covered it absolutely identically that would make me not still use a period.

I'm just posing my realistic reaction.

Have you considered writing original pieces? In MIDI format? You seem to have a knack for writing music 'by ear' so to speak, which is a talent I really envy.

Err... Thanks :)

Mr. Chris said:

Do you have plans for any other songs?

It was something I just decided to do one night. Maybe I will make another song another day.

It starts off great, then falls apart. The beat is completely lost somewhere in there.

Are you recording this live, then converting to midi, or writing it in a midi program?

Did you use a MIDI program that uses a PC keyboard to make notes? It's not too bad actually, but one thing to work on your timing, you should work with a metronome to help keep you in time.

Alright man it was only a little 0.02 second out of time somewhere I guess you can't even do better :P

I didn't use so much technology. I just took a microphone on the speaker of my keyboard (I piano with other sounds too) and then I mixed it in Audacity.

FanTazTiCxD said:

Alright man it was only a little 0.02 second out of time somewhere I guess you can't even do better :P

I've been playing music, mostly drums, actively for over 17 years. Don't make assumptions. The beat and timing on music is tremendously important, it keeps the flow and the style together.

I'd suggest a metronome if you're having trouble staying in beat and you're not using a midi program, or even a simple foot tap.

FanTazTiCxD said:

It sounds really bad. You need to learn about quantization if you're going to record from a keyboard but since you were just recording from a microphone and not actually into midi it doesn't matter. It's alright and you have a grasp on the notes obviously, but as far as covering the original arrangement, it's poorly executed. Sorry.

Imangen that you had been playing in many years and people just call it bad? No of COURSE I am not as good as in the real doom music but you gotta say it was a good track there! Why are you guys here always looking at the negative things of everything and won't talk about good things if possible?

I think most of you don't even make music like me sometimes so please be careful to put all the negative speech out okay? And now you are going to post "People like you have to learn to be able to take critism" and that's right.... but don't complain more than nessesary. If I saw someone who made a very bad cover of a Doom music song then I wouldn't actually post. Maybe I would post some tips and stuff but I would keep the bad things away cause they are unuseful. I hope you understand what I said and I don't want to keep discussing about this... I had enough :P

Please don't quote me and respond to this. Yes please post but don't post how you disagree with what I just said cause I know you are going to disagree with this :-)