Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

single player vanilla map I made for doom 2 (only tested in zdoom)
ThePit.wad replacing MAP09. Click image to download and play the wad.

Readme:
MAP09
Single Player only
Objective: Stay out of the pit. Find the exit.

Edit: the mods can delete this post if they want as it interferes with the contiguity of the other pics being posted at the moment.

Last few shots before I begin the last area and general bugfixes/balancing. About 80% done. Should finish it tomorrow or friday at the latest. Opinions on the general lack of ceiling fixtures?

Well, not Doom 1 or 2; screenshots like these really make me want to start mapping on Doom 3.

It's a remake of E2M4, not by me.

ArmouredBlood said:

Last few shots before I begin the last area and general bugfixes/balancing. About 80% done. Should finish it tomorrow or friday at the latest. Opinions on the general lack of ceiling fixtures?

Only would've noticed on the final shot, and even then, I wouldn't really change it unless you can make fixtures that don't look awkward or forced in their placement.

is it Just me that thinks Doom 3 Engine is just very bad?

okay. it works a while and when it is dark but as you give it light and so it is very bad.
I think Doom 2 etc are better whit one bad things is that it is not possible to make room over room. (yes i know 3D bridge and so but textures and gunshots is not ideal to make room over room in Doom 2 etc ) okay Doom 3 is maybe a bit better in graphic but that is not much! GZDoom etc give Doom a great kick to what can bee done.

I had heard that one of the reasons why Doom 3 is so dark is because well-lit maps run more slowly in Id Tech 4 than dark ones due to all the light processing. Considering that per-pixel lighting was fairly new in video games at the time this must have been a big deal.

Well. It's a lot easier to light a small dark scene than a large bright one in Doom3. It's not so much about size or brightness as much as it is about how many lights are simultaneously hitting each surface.

InsanityBringer said:

That sky is awesome.

Since everything he's shown is stolen work, can I steal the stolen sky?

Blood textures, Quake 2 models, and Transfusion. Hide your work before he steals that too!

einstein said:

Blood textures, Quake 2 models, and Transfusion. Hide your work before he steals that too!

Well it is a fan-made Blood TC. My only beef with it is how he treats it like a "zomg whole new game" when it is like you said, just a ripfest. It kinda reminds me of iceman and his "game development group". At the same time you also have people who make wads good enough to be called "new games" who are modest enough to call their work a Doom wad. But I don't really have anything against this wad, if he wants to rip blood resources for a blood project then why not?

Swec said:

I Think this one is nice except it is just missing monster etc.
Maybe work a little on the 'skull' area.

Yer, look into some recolors, something brownish or red to fit the other colors there. Plus the big brick mid-level looks like it tiles every 64 units ... maybe add some thin pillar/panel supports that are maybe 96 high to break it up? An 8 or 16 unit base with 64 high panel would also look decent imo. Of course I'm getting a little over-detailed there, but it IS rather obvious the brick tiles ... maybe make 3 tiers of 64 and offset the texture a bit?

einstein said:

I wish someone had told me the levels I'd been creating for that project were stolen. Could've saved me lots of time. In the time I spent getting the exploding walls working properly I could have been catching up on Lost.

Also, glad your first post on the forum was trolling. Have a nice day.

Fiend said:

I wish someone had told me the levels I'd been creating for that project were stolen. Could've saved me lots of time. In the time I spent getting the exploding walls working properly I could have been catching up on Lost.

Also, glad your first post on the forum was trolling. Have a nice day.

If you didn't realize that you were using stolen textures and models, then you are Lost.

We're all impressed that you added some exploding walls to this smorgasbord of ripped material. Maybe you can try to convince everyone that exploding walls are your very own creation as well.

Good day to you too.

einstein said:

If you didn't realize that you were using stolen textures and models, then you are Lost.

We're all impressed that you added some exploding walls to this smorgasbord of ripped material. Maybe you can try to convince everyone that exploding walls are your very own creation as well.

Good day to you too.

I bet you thought that Lost pun was a total zinger.
As for "stolen," aside from the blood materials, which are pretty much unavoidable in a Blood tribute, permissions have been granted for other materials used.

And while I didn't say anything about people being impressed, I was pointing out that recreating the interactivity of the Build engine on EDGE is actually work and isn't a matter of taking it from somewhere else. If you'd like to discuss this further, do so through a private message.

Not a screenshot, but some sprites. I still have no idea in what kind of project I could put them, I have so many ideas.

The first sprite shows some kind of bearded zombie with a chaingun attached to his arm. He also has imp-like, bloody spikes coming out of his back.

The three other sprites show a insane zombie cat with a chaingun (both characters are similiar, I love chaingunners in Doom). The other animations and the Decorate-File for this cat are almost finished. Turned out pretty cool.