Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Viewtiful-Chris

Beautiful screenshots

Viewtiful-Chris said:

Also, your brightness settings are jacked up a bit high IMO.

Brightness settings differ from opposing monitors in doom.

nice one except it is just missing monster etc

EDIT: Fixed the pic

Guest DILDOMASTER666
Mr. T said:

Nerrrr... so every game based off the Quake engine is a Quake mod?NO

They are derived from changes in the source code and they plug their own art, sounds, etc. into the engine that was modified. So, yes, quite technically, we can say (if we wanted) that every game based off the Quake engine is an extreme Quake mod or TC. It defies the more traditional sense of "mod", though.

Not that this changes the fact that you need to stop fucking posting.

Gravity by Eternal would be a great showcase of how good (and surreal) Doom can look within vanilla confines (or does it need limit removing?)... in fact, quite a lot of Eternal's work would cover it.

Were people as easily enticed by the look of Doom as me though, a great many wads could look the part. Think you'd need to get them to play a reasonable and newbie friendly map to really get them into it. With that in mind, show them Knee Deep in the Dead. Got us all back in the day afterall.

Viewtiful-Chris said:

What wad is that? It looks like something from 1994. :P

EDIT: Also, your brightness settings are jacked up a bit high IMO.

Yell at MikeRS for using a high gamma in his screenshot.

Patrick said:

Http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/1704/screenshotdoom200912161.png
I have no shame.

What is that?Please tell me where i can find that and the engine it uses!I want it now,the screenshot looks so unbelievably cool!!Please answer quickly.

BlazingPhoenix said:

Does Hexen count? Sorry if it's a little bare though. :)

Centaurs may be the only Doom-engine monsters with glutes that can give the cybie's a run for their money.

neubejiita said:

Using software mode really ruins the red textures seen in the first and third screenshots.

kristus said:

And using 32bit mode ruins everything else.

That is a BIT harsh :)

But, yeah, filtering is shite in Doom. It pisses me off that Doomsday removed the option to disable it...

scalliano said:

But, yeah, filtering is shite in Doom. It pisses me off that Doomsday removed the option to disable it...

Er, no we didn't. It has been and always will be possible to "disable" filtering in Doomsday (provided the GL spec doesn't change on us, heh); open the control panel, look under Textures and you find three checkboxes/buttons for Bilinear Filtering - sprites/world/raw.

In what ways have the default filtering options changed between 1.8.6 and the latest 1.9 betas?

The latest 1.9 betas, for me, are notably blurry compared to 1.8.6.

You've said this before Vermil but I suspect your issue is that you are running at 640x480 - a mode which most video drivers will take big shortcuts with, resulting in extremely blurry textures. I get the same thing on my development system if I try to run an OpenGL app at such a small fullscreen resolution.

Dag nam it. I forgot that the 1.9 beta's currently default to 640x480 all the time!

I don't usually use the 1.9 beta's, I use 1.8.6, so I forgot about that little quirk. Indeed, when I upped the resolution to what I use for 1.8.6, it looks about the same (other than the visual improvements in the 1.9 beta's of course).

*blushes at stupidity* :p