Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EagleDoom

Know any good mods that are based on animes?

I've found a couple. Some Sailor Moon WADs, which although weird were interesting, a Gatchaman wad, which was terrible, and a Pokemon one which I haven't played but have seen footage of, and looks really strange. But I'd like to know what other anime-based mods are out there. Be interesting to see a mod based on The Dirty Pair. I mean the original Dirty Pair, not the crap-tacular Dirty Pair Flash.

In the future we have Attack of the Anatomically Correct Charmanders! to look forward to.

Not quite anime, but if you want a cel-shaded and quality animation beat-em-up, look no further than AD2: Urban Brawl. Proof that western works can be colorful and stylish as well.

EDIT: Considering all anime characters are ninjas, and the prevalence of gun-fu, anime in Doom may have some potential.

EagleDoom said:

Know any good mods that are based on animes?

I've yet to find any good animes.

kristus said:

I've yet to find any good animes.

Anime used to be good, imo..... in the early 90's. Before the target audience changed from adults to emo kids. :P

DeathevokatioN said:

Before the target audience changed from adults to emo kids. :P

It never changed, you're just hearing of the wrong series. "Anime" includes many smaller target audiences, each with different kinds of shows. Anime's current popularity in the west only happens to highlight certain shows more than others, simply because their target audiences are either bigger or more vocal.