Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMBoy

When do YOU use a Tome of Power?

Ugh..."Corvus" in Heretic 1 and Corvus in Heretic look completely different, yet...the same character?

Well I don't know about you but I didn't see a radical change in Corvus' appearance midway through Heretic.

I've another question about Heretic weapons: how does Corvus fire the staff weapons, or the Dragon's Claw?

He uses his brainpower to generate the energies...or something...

They look exactly alike, only he ditched the cloak. You know that thing's nothing more than shreds after 6 episodes :P

Besides Corvus spent a thousand years in the Outworlds before Heretic II started. He's an elf, but damn, you can't expect him to stay exactly the same after all that time.

I'll confess, I've never played Heretic 2 myself (don't plant to, really). But he has no name in the first one, and in Hexen 2 Tyrianth (sp?) mentions him only as "a single elf". When did Heretic 2 come out anyway? I assume it was after Hexen 2 since Hexen 2 ran off the Quake engine while Heretic 2 ran off the Quake 2 engine.

Gah, I'm wasting more fourm space as usual.

Heretic II happens after D'Sparil death, and tells about the adventures of Corvus in the outworlds where he spent the last decades (those extra episodes from Shadow of the Serpent Riders). He returns to home after a perilous journey, only to find out he's a great hero now but there's a new menace going on in his homeworld.

All this is told in a fantastic Intro sequence developed by Creat Studios. Very cool for the year this thing was made.

I've wanted to get the game myself, never had the money for it just yet though.

And did I mention that intro sequences alone are worth buying a game for if they're good enough?

Amen. I install Starcraft from time to time just to see those sequences. Same happens with Diablo I and II.

/me waits for Warcraft III.

I hope they do like Diablo and release a DVD with higher quality cutscenes.

Blizzard is the king of cutscenes.

"Thas' a Zergling, Lester. Smaller type a' Zerg. But it wouldn't be out this far, unless... Oh, shyit."

Blizzard is the king of cutscenes.

What? Cutscenes in a Blizzard game? When?

I don't recall seeing any cutscenes in a Blizzard game so I can't really tell if Blizzard IS the king of cutscenes, but they make some awesome cinematics :-P

Yeah, and I expect the intro sequence for Doom 3 to be nothing less than spectacular. Quality should be at least on par with Q3A's intro - best fucking cinimatic quality in a non-Blizzard game I've ever seen, I mean, Sarge looks so REAL!

I loved FF7 cutscenes/cinematics whatever you want to call them.

"Thas' a Zergling, Lester. Smaller type a' Zerg. But it wouldn't be out this far, unless... Oh, shyit."

Just curious: What's that particular dialect called and where in the US do they speak it?

Hmm, it sounds more like some sort of "redneck" dialect to me, but then again, I've never been to the US so I can't really tell.

That bit was taken from one of the StarCraft cutscenes (the first Terran one). All the Terrans in that game come off as some kind of Dixie/Confederate stereotype. The kind of people I run into all the time in Dallas. :P

Hmm, it sounds more like some sort of "redneck" dialect to me, but then again, I've never been to the US so I can't really tell.

Heh...that's hick dialect. You can hear it in the southeast and in Texas. Watch a few episodes of King of the Hill...

don't shop at gap.

Don't worry, I saw the episode of David Letterman where he critizises gap and repeatedly shows that gawdawful gap commercial, YURCHH!
Oh, and I've seen some posts in this forum indicating that gap is shyit.

That bit was taken from one of the StarCraft cutscenes (the first Terran one). All the Terrans in that game come off as some kind of Dixie/Confederate stereotype. The kind of people I run into all the time in Dallas. :P

First: I know that the bit was taken from Starcraft (I own Starcraft myself) and I even know EXACTLY where it was taken from. And I've kinda guessed that the Terran dopes in Starcraft are some type of stereotypes (fun how they all seem to smoke cigarettes). I couldn't help thinking: Boy are these Terrans stupid.

don't shop at gap.

Don't worry, I saw the episode of David Letterman where he critizises gap and repeatedly shows that gawdawful gap commercial, YURCHH!
Oh, and I've seen some posts in this forum indicating that gap is shyit.

Also, the Gap enslaves Chinese children to make their clothes for them. That's reason #4421 why they suck.

First: I know that the bit was taken from Starcraft (I own Starcraft myself) and I even know EXACTLY where it was taken from. And I've kinda guessed that the Terran dopes in Starcraft are some type of stereotypes (fun how they all seem to smoke cigarettes). I couldn't help thinking: Boy are these Terrans stupid.

Yeah...they are basicaly Texan stereotypes...I remember another cutscene...

"Kiiill Iiit!"

"You better immediately tell me wha you've called me from mah desk private!"

GAP is another thing that should tied up and bitchslapped until deat ensues.

/thinks...

Mmm, I would like to use a Tome of Power to destroy this thread now, please.