Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanoa

Post your Doom picture! [post in Part 2 instead]

Super Jamie said:

Awesome :D Clever use of the lava borders on those skylights, looks very striking.

Those are lava borders? I thought they were lights :p I couldn't find any other 64 unit sized borders besides this one. I think I will continue to work on the map.

DeathevokatioN said:

Looks pretty good Dutch Devil, it also like you can strafe over those lights to reach the platform though. hehe

Eh damn, I didn't thought of that yet :p

dutch devil said:

Those are lava borders?

Haha yes they are. They're used at the base of the crushers in MAP04, and again in MAP07 in what appears to be an overflowing container of lava.

It's weird knowing that it's lava but it looks cool nonetheless.

I like the usage of the lava borders, but I think I'd like it more if an edit was made to actually look like they were intended to be lights. Because, while the presence of the orange strip looks cool and adds some nice contrast to the ceiling area, it looks rather weird to me if you look at it closely at all.

Someone will probably post them there eventually anyway, but I wouldn't doubt if the tendency for uninformed users to take resources from there and just credit Tormentor or "Realm667" instead of the actual author made Jon and Jamie a bit wary of it.

Well, either that or they just haven't thought of it.

esselfortium said:

I like the usage of the lava borders, but I think I'd like it more if an edit was made to actually look like they were intended to be lights. Because, while the presence of the orange strip looks cool and adds some nice contrast to the ceiling area, it looks rather weird to me if you look at it closely at all.

I like it like it in the shot. It tickles the imagination. Standardizing it would make it boring.

DeathevokatioN said:

UAC Ultra 2? :)

The one with all the sharp points pointing towards the light in the centre.

That screenshot is from MAP11 of UAC Ultra.

kristus said:

I like it like it in the shot. It tickles the imagination. Standardizing it would make it boring.

Yawn, no it wouldn't.

esselfortium said:

Yawn, no it wouldn't.

Depends how tolerant one is with randomly placed art, and how well they could go with it till the end really. Maybe that really IS lava, and is going to tear the reality and pour onto the monitor etc etc etc

I think the UAC Ultra texture pack will get pretty widely used, as many of the textures work in so well with stock Doom 2 textures. I have been using a few in my project, and they just sit so well with existing architecture.

And DD, looking good.

AB, not sure what you are trying to do there, but I am curious to see the result. If I am judging the scale correctly, it must be huge.

A little progress, pic to show kyka the scale a little better ;) BTW there are 625 monsters so far. Only 50 are in the open, so similar measures will ensure the nuts-ish lag will (hopefully) be minimal. Unless you wake everything up at once ;P (not very likely ...). I think I'm going to move away from the grand-scaling architecture and back to map01/2 stuff, keep thinking I'm doing second-hand impressions of Insane_gazebo stuff ... and heh, this is like the 3rd pyramid I've made in 15 maps **

printz said:

The cityscape skybox looks conspicuous, I'm afraid.

yeah I didn't really work on it much. I intend(ed) to make it a lot darker and overcast somehow.

Damn cool shots in the last group of posts, inspiring stuff.

Added another small section to my map, its an small part of an much larger outside area. Textures might change a little, the sky will be replaced sooner or later. I'm not really good with rocks, dunno where it will go.

more Descent2ish stuff. :D

Obviously its not done yet. :>