• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kirby

Oil slick in Gulf of Mexico

Louisiana is not going to do well with this
(Article)

This whole thing is going to fuck up the whole of the 4 states in that section of the Gulf, not to mention Louisiana is only just barely stabalized after Katrina over four years ago. I really want to call this karma for both sides - BP (like most oil companies) deserves its comeuppance, meanwhile the US will more than likely suffer from this in terms of trade of seafood (they've started doing emergency fishing before everything gets poisoned) and the habitats on the edges of these states are in danger as well.

Thoughts?

Not sure why wyrd has it in for New Orleans, but there it is. The great power wants nothing but ill for it.

Heavy winds and high tides complicated efforts to hold back oil that threatened to coat birds and other marine life as it oozed ashore from the Gulf of Mexico on Friday. The White House responded to the massive spill by halting any new offshore oil projects until safeguards are in place to prevent rig explosions like the one that caused it.

Hellbent said:

Not sure why wyrd has it in for New Orleans, but there it is. The great power wants nothing but ill for it.

No kidding. This totally fucked up my summer vacation plans...

I can only imagine the outrage of east coasters watching helplessly as their livehoods are smothered by this environmental disaster.