| E1M7  THE BENEATH            10:13       100     59    100   |
        | E1M8  ANOMALY REBORN          1:48       100     65    100   |
        |                                                              |
        | E1M9  LOST BARRACKS           9:03       100     46    100   |
        | Total:                     1:22:00                           |
        \--------------------------------------------------------------/
Checking Caverns of Darkness right now, the first map is great, really great. Some later maps seem OK - expect a couple of demos in May.

parlmps.zip

vdgg said:
If you're such a freak as I am and you have translucency disabled (even in Boom compatibility), I recommend you to enable it when watching the demos. I began recording with translucency turned off, then I realized it causes unnecessary difficulties, such as not being able to see the monsters in the beginning of E1M5. So most of the demos were recorded with the translucency enabled. Nevertheless, in E1M3 you can watch me failing to jump to the rocket launcher secret for the first time because I didn't see the hole in the wall, just plain wall. In addition these maps look better with translucency enabled.

To play in Boom or Boom compatibility with translucency on walls but without it crapping on various sprites, you can use the attached patch.

You can make PrBoom+ always apply it with the dehfile_1 or dehfile_2 entry in the CFG.

notransl.zip

Thank you Myk, this is what I need! (useful for playing UAC Ultra as well).

Earlier than announced, three Caverns of Darkness demos. ZDoom 2.4.1 and Graf Zahl's patch are needed to watch them; I assumed it was the easiest way (I could record demos using cod.exe, but it may not run on many people's computers, as I had trouble with this one as well).

MAP01 UV Max in 9:24
MAP03 Pacifist in 0:05
MAP04 UV Max in 33:37

caverns.zip

Two more CoD maxes,

MAP06 UV Max in 6:48
MAP08 UV Max in 7:05

(An easy choice. Although most of the levels are very nice and sinister, only in these two I don't get lost and don't have trouble with finding all the secrets.)

caverns2.zip

Adding two Caverns of Darkness maxes.
MAP01 UV Max in 8:05
MAP02 UV Max in 8:45

The first demo... 8:05 looks better in the tables than 9:24, some nice punching with berserk, but overall not so great. As for MAP02, it's a very <enter your favourite bad word here> map for Max. An ugly demo, but I'm very satisfied with the time.

caverns3.zip

Back to vanilla compatibliiy and for a complete change of mood, Annihilation (or an_coop.wad) UV Max in 4:13. A bright level from '96 by Michal Mesko (who would later win the 10 sectors contest) with a happy spiderdemon and cyberdemon presence. It was featured in one of the idoom contests, the first one I participated in. The details are at , Contest #11, date 11.10.09. Dew holds the :40 UV Speed record for this map.

anc1-413.zip

I cannot watch the latest rw.wad demo - kind of desync at the switch. PrBoom+ 2.5.0.5, tried with and without forcing -complevel 9 (is it Boom-compat mapset anyway?). rw.wad = 2652197 bytes, as downloaded from DSDA.

Unless there is some horrible compatibility bug (I'm not aware of one), the version of Prboom+ used shouldn't make any difference (well, as long as it is a relatively recent one) in this respect.

And what vdgg meant is that the wad doesn't use any Boom features. It is a vanilla-compatible wad, so -complevel 2 is the natural one to use.

But first I'd check that the version of the wad you have is correct. It desynched in what sounds like just the same way for me in a 2.5.0.7 test version. You didn't let something rebuild the nodes, or something like that, did you? What is the exact file size in bytes (note: bytes, not kilobytes)

the file size is 4,102,213 bytes (4,104,192 on disk). I'm not sure what version I have, but I've had this file for a very long time.

Edit: I found out that the version I'm using is a consolidation of realworld and realworld 2.

Perhaps the tool you used to merge them did something to corrupt the maps (also, you must have needed to change the map numbers, which will obviously have an impact on how some of the maps play). A node rebuild is still the prime suspect, I think.

When recording demos that you intend to make public, it makes sense to use a completely unaltered wad downloaded directly from the archive (or whatever the standard source for the wad may be).

Edit: Ugh, you didn't get it from DLW did you? Please note that all wads from Jive's site will have had node rebuilds, all sorts of changes and often errors introduced (including map numbers changed to locations where they don't work).

I didn't merge them. I have the unmerged wads though so I'll re-record that demo with the unaltered wad.

EDIT: I think that might have been where I got it. I have now deleted that version, and some other stuff i downloaded from there since nonoe of it will work with any of the wads hosted here. Anyway, problem solved. Gotta go re-record that demo now.

Here are some semi-recent demos that haven't been posted yet on some semi-recent maps by me. Demos are in the wad zipfile.

SLUT - max demos by gggmork and me (ZDoom 2.4.1)

av20mem - max demo by me

BUMP - speed demos by Creaphis, gggmork, kimo_xvirus and me

uuuhhhtod - max demo by me (ZDoom 2.4.1)

DoomHero85 said:
Here's the new demo. Same time and whatever.

Your demos aren't comparable to other RW demos because this is a vanilla WAD and most people record it using compatibility level 2. People generally use level 9 for WADs that use Boom features, not any WAD that Boom can run.

Vilecore
UV Max
Map 12 in 7:00

I was going to wait because I couldn't edit out the ending, but then I became lazy and decided not to.

vc12-700.zip