Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Crendowing

open choice poll....comedians

As it says above, this is another open choice poll. Who is/are your favorite comedian(e)(s)?

For me, they are:

-George Carlin
-Jeff Foxworthy
-Bill Engvall

I like Bob Sagget(?) when he's not on Full House.

"Ya ever suck dick for coke?"

His stand-up is incredibly vulgar and surprisingly good.

bob sagget said that?!!! LOL! i didn't know he even did stand up. anyways some of my favorites:

henry rollins (i don't know if you could consider his spoken word stand up comedy, but it is funny as hell!)

+bernie mac and chris rock

there's lots more i can't think of...

henry rollins (i don't know if you could consider his spoken word stand up comedy, but it is funny as hell!)

Hehe, definately. El Nino :)

I don't watch much stand-up since 99% of the stuff I've seen sucks beyond all belief. Not that it isn't amusing or educational, but I guess it has to do with it's name. If it were called "stand-up facts", as most of it is, it would probably appeal to the right crowd. But "comedy" sets extremely unrealistic expectations for the viewers in most cases.

One guy I did find rather amusing was Gallagher. I saw him late night once and was surprised at the extent he took his show. I ordered 2 tapes a little later, one was the one I saw on TV and was pretty good (Melon Crazy), and the other was typical stand-up; complete ass with a few truths.

What Lewt said. 99% of all stand up comedy is complete and utter ass. Don't even try watching those dinky comedy central shows looking for good stand up, you won't find it.

Don't even try watching those dinky comedy central shows looking for good stand up

Heh, well everybody should know by now that there's never anything funny on Comedy Central.

Don't even try watching those dinky comedy central shows looking for good stand up

Heh, well everybody should know by now that there's never anything funny on Comedy Central.

Some of the original stuff amuses me, but their standup is awful.

I don't watch much stand-up...

Neither do I, I just listen :)

Besides, George Carlin is one of the few funny comedians IMNSHO.

Andy Kaufman...thats exactly the kind of crap I always try to pull.

John Lovitz...actualy, he's more of an actor, but I just love how he overdramatizes everything.

Lewis Black...because insulting politicians and weird people is great.

whose line is it anyway is pretty funny sometimes...improvisational comedy can be good with right people doing it.

Jim Brewer (sp) fuckin' rules
George Carlin is the fuckin' God of comedy
Bill Cosby, yes, Cosby, hes funny too!

Lewis Black...because insulting politicians and weird people is great.

Lewis Black is far and away my favorite comedian :)

Bill Cosby, yes, Cosby, hes funny too!

I completely forgot about him. That guy is amazing. I remember listening to old Bill Cosby records with a friend while playing SNES back in the good ole days when it wan't so old. His voices for all the different characters he'd speak about really stick out in my memory. He's definitely up there.

Andy Kaufman is another fine specimen of comedian and holds an interesting place in my memory.

A year or two ago my friends and I were exploring a house that had recently burned down and we found pictures scattered/burned in an upstairs room that seemed to suggest old people lived there. Somewhere in what looked like a living room by what was once a couch was a stack of old TV Guides from 1982, and the one on top had Andy Kaufman on the cover. I've got it packed away in storage now. It's always had a weird, haunted feeling to it. The look on Andy's face is also insane. Sorry for rambling... I've said all I meant to.

whose line is it anyway is pretty funny sometimes

The British version at least...the American version just plain sucks monkey dick.

George Carlin is the fuckin' God of comedy

Hence, I listed him first :)

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bob sagget said that?!!! LOL! i didn't know he even did stand up.

That's from his cameo appearence in Half Baked. It's a great comedy about a bunch of silly potheads who live together in an apartment. Highly recommended (no pun intended).

Now we suck at most things, but here in the UK we have some of the greatest comedians under the Sun...

John Cleese
Tom O'Connor
Paul Merton
Alexei Sayle

etc. etc.

Yeah, except the first movie with him sucked...I hope the next one is as good as the first two Pierce Brosnan movies...

Alas, Spike Milligan, the last Goon and a truly irreplacable comedian, has died.

The man was a genius, although he'd probably go mad if you suggested that.