Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Viewtiful-Chris

The retail potential of DOOM as loosely compared to Starcraft: Battle Chest

Reaper978 said:

You can tell these things by body language and tone of voice. I don't think it takes a psychology degree for that, really.

Both things that can easily be discerned through an asynchronous text-only medium.

Viewtiful-Chris said:

Emo rant

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, and to express it. And while I'm certain that everyone here respect that right, that doesn't mean everyone has to respect the opinion.

Viewtiful-Chris said:

Me? I'm just some teenage DOOM geek. None of you guys ever were like that, hell, that's a disgusting thought.

If you really enjoy something like that, don't deny it. Also, you can bet that most people posting here are Doom geeks.

Just follow common sense, and don't forget homework and classes because you were playing too much Doom. Make sure to see the bad part of it too (and the good part of actually getting A's in school and everyone praising you for that), so you know how much Doom to play. It still happens to me occasionally to nearly lose an exam because of Doom, but I'm smart enough to learn quickly if under pressure.

Also, of course you have no job, you're not even in college, why need a job?!

Reaper978 said:

(Loudmouth) Adolescents (who don't know what the hell they're talking about) are easy targets for adults to attack.

Edited for Great Clarity.

Skip the "Adolescents" part. Loudmouths that don't know what they are talking about are the targets. Adolescence hardly has anything to do with it. It's just coincidence that this character is a combination of both.

It bugs me that there are lots of underage people registering here and getting themselves banned, before having a chance to grow up and become stable.

Look on the bright side - in due course they'll mature, re-register under another name and be IP-blocked for ban evasion. ;-)

printz said:

It bugs me that there are lots of underage people registering here and getting themselves banned, before having a chance to grow up and become stable.

Why? I registered when I was 14 and didn't get banned, probably because I mostly kept my mouth shut. Despite all the age-bashing that we've seen in this thread, it's not impossible for someone of that age to be reasonable - I know there are several currently on the forum. It's just that viewtiful-chris is not one of them, and it's easier to see him going "I'M 15 BLA BLA BLA" and think they all act like that because the ones who don't probably haven't revealed their age in such an obnoxious way.

who don't probably haven't revealed their age in such an obnoxious way.

What?

I first mentioned my age in response to (I believe it was 40oz) calling me "Gramps" in the TF2 thread I made, which he was responding to me proclaiming DOOM to be the greatest game ever made. That's not obnoxious, it's just a minor clarification.

No, wait, maybe it was Quasar. Whatever.

Since this thread is apparently now about Doomworld's stance on adolescents or maybe just me in particular or some shit like that, how about we just Hell this and give me a three day ban? I don't think I deserve an IP-block / permaban / loser or whatever people are foaming about, but it would be nice for people to chillllll the fuck out, me included.

I'd also like to be able to view the board still if that can happen.

Also, for those who can't detect (blatantly obvious) sarcasm in text, my last post was entirely bullshit written to amuse myself.

To those in doubt about this, the TEC-DC9 I referred to? Columbine.

So yeah, three-day ban. I don't think I deserve a perma, but I deserve SOMETHING.

magicsofa said:

Why? I registered when I was 14 and didn't get banned, probably because I mostly kept my mouth shut.

I registered when I was probably 15. I'm now 22 and act like I'm 5. I stomp my feet and cry when I don't get what I want. But I'm so awesome I get what I want most of the time, so the crying and feet stomping isn't much of an issue.

hobomaster22 said:

I registered when I was probably 15. I'm now 22 and act like I'm 5. I stomp my feet and cry when I don't get what I want. But I'm so awesome I get what I want most of the time, so the crying and feet stomping isn't much of an issue.

Do you have a picture of yourself posted anywhere? I want to imagine a grown man doing that :D

Viewtiful-Chris said:

how about we just Hell this and give me a three day ban? I don't think I deserve an IP-block / permaban / loser or whatever
Also, for those who can't detect (blatantly obvious) sarcasm in text, my last post was entirely bullshit written to amuse myself.
So yeah, three-day ban. I don't think I deserve a perma, but I deserve SOMETHING.

A few comments.

Generally, you need to post less. Probably a lot less. If your post doesn't do something useful, then most likely you shouldn't submit it.

In particular, you need to avoid making posts that even you know to be bullshit.

If a moderator decides that the time has come to take action against you, the terms will not be for you to decide. If and when that time comes, it will be because in the view of the staff you have worsened these forums considerably by your posting, and wasted the staff's time cleaning up your mess. Therefore you should not expect leniency or for any ban to be temporary.

In the interest of fairness, balance or whatever, I shall note that you didn't create the shitfest in this thread entirely on your own.

Thread closed, because this clearly isn't going anywhere good.