Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

Christina Aguilera has gone Gaga

wow... this is really sad. I'm surprised haven't read any criticism about her blatantly mimicing Lady Gaga. Then again, I don't read the tabloids or visit entertainment websites.

'Mkay

By the way:

We're sorry, VEVO is not currently available in your country

"Don't touch our site with your filthy bandwidth, you brown-skinned freak!"

I concur with every reply in this thread. One might even suspect you might be drunk to consider this a worthy topic.

Fiend said:

You wasted nearly 30 seconds of my life and I want them back.

You actually clicked the link? Despite pretty evident warnings such as 'Christina Aguilera', 'Gaga' and 'Hellbent'?

myk said:

'Mkay

By the way:

We're sorry, VEVO is not currently available in your country

"Don't touch our site with your filthy bandwidth, you brown-skinned freak!"

ok, problem should be fixed.

I'm sticking up for my mate Hellbent. Christina Aguilera is a disgusting slag who, in her latest video, seems to be modelling herself on Madonna, who is also a disgusting slag IMO.

Lady Gaga deserves better.

who and what?

My thoughts exactly.

Well, until someone mentioned Madonna. I know that name !

Here, have a pineapple you Stupid - Spoiled - Whore - !

Maybe this one could be Paris Hiltons newest best friend, cause... then there´d be two of them?!

Madonna did some S/M slutty stuff like this in the ´90 and it was pretty disgusting and/or disturbing then, now it´s just really old...

Slowly we rot...

fraggle said:

Marilyn Manson's sex change is complete.

Too bad all these new modern artists (mostly female) think it is so cool to be weird.

If it was like this 10 years ago, Manson would have been viewed as a rock god!!! /sarcasm

Mattfrie1 said:

Too bad all these new modern artists (mostly female) think it is so cool to be weird.

Cool, or just profitable?

Funny thing is, when Gaga first broke, people said she was trying to be like Aguilera. In fact, IIRC, the whole "Gaga is a man" thing started due to an offhand comment from Aguilera.

It seems little's changed since the days when Michael Jackson and Prince were busy out-weirding each other.

Enjay said:

Cool, or just profitable?

Profitable definitely.

We've seen for years artist's that were seen as weird in the public's eye, such as Yoko Ono, David Bowie (more in his glam rock era), Prince, and Marilyn Manson. Now that someone such as Gaga has come along, many other artists are going to hop on the train and be with the "in" crowd.

Personally I get annoyed on how so many people think Gaga is so "original". Her music isn't as bad as some of the shit that is played here on the radio in the U.S., but we've seen "weird" artists for years now, so it's still the same stuff to me, except it is popular now.

Say what you will about Christina and Gaga, but you leave Prince out of this!!!!!

Mattfrie1 said:

Profitable definitely.

We've seen for years artist's that were seen as weird in the public's eye, such as Yoko Ono, David Bowie (more in his glam rock era), Prince, and Marilyn Manson. Now that someone such as Gaga has come along, many other artists are going to hop on the train and be with the "in" crowd

[/B]

All of these artists were with the "in" crowd, last time I checked. There's always been a popular "weird" artist ever since the whole glam thing really launched. Look at Lou Reed. Tame by today's standards, but the dude was singing about transvestites in the '60s. The music scenes in the '70s and '80s were just plain weird in general.

As for the '90s... shit, the people weren't all that weird, but the music sure as hell was. I grew up in that decade and it still doesn't make that much sense to me.

Snakes said:

As for the '90s... shit, the people weren't all that weird, but the music sure as hell was. I grew up in that decade and it still doesn't make that much sense to me.

Should have grown up the 80's. It made way more sense!

Danarchy said:

Hellbent's Horrible Taste In Music Thread #218736

now now, I don't like this song. But the striking similarity to Lady Gaga's videos seemed worth pointing out to me.

No? Gaga is a revamp of late-80's/90's pop and club culture.

PROTIP: Christina Aguilera was already around in the 90's.

Coopersville said:

No? Gaga is a revamp of late-80's/90's pop and club culture.

PROTIP: Christina Aguilera was already around in the 90's.

Xtina was making normal music and normal videos then. This video has blatant production values from lady gaga videos, same style, same costumes, same lighting, it's just very very very ripoffy

Funny thing is, I don't actually see anything weird in this video at all. I've been to clubs where people look much "weirder" than anything in this or Gaga's offerings.

From what I can see it's just a bunch of shallow "style" masquerading as arty depth which is actually only designed primarily to get people talking. Looks like it worked eh?

Rip off? Who cares? It's shit.

I don't give a shit about pop music or anything related.

What is the point of this thread and relevancy in a Doom forum?