Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Lobo

I've done it!

Hey everybody!
I've just passed all my exams, with damn good grades! So now I am officially an I.T. grunt!! Now I've just gotta get a job...

So now I am officially an I.T. grunt!!

Try not to kill anybody in your first 2 months.

So now I am officially an I.T. grunt!!

Try not to kill anybody in your first 2 months.

Don't listen to Lüt, he is just trying to spoil your fun!

I take my GED test in 10 hours.

See, an IT means jack to me. That thing was probably EARNED. Now a GED, I'm proud of mine. It symbolizes that I was fully capable of passing high school, however:

A. I spent too much time smoking, drinking, playing Doom and trying my Godamnedest to get laid.
B. The school fucked up my class order so even if I passed everything I'd have to take another semester.
C. I didn't pass everything because of A. =)

So you're getting a GED, Tobester? Fuckin' a man. I hope the road there was paved in gold. =)

Heh, my little bro's trying to get his GED.
I don't see why people can invest themselves in school and get a High School Diploma like they should. Laziness, man, laziness.

What the hell is a "GED" ? Remember we're not all americans here, so excuse my ignorance.
And when I say that now I'm an I.T. grunt I mean that I've finished my university course in computing.

Okat, I'll explain. GED standss for General Equivilancy Diploma A person who has dropped out of high school, or is fucking tired of high school who is a certain age can take one. If you pass, you graduate. If not. tray again, and don't smoke weed before you go.

I need to take my GED... one of these days. What sucks is that the only credit I need to graduate (and on the highest diploma plan, too) is English 4... which I didn't want to bother with. So, once I take my GED I can get into community college to get the last 2 equivalency classes for English 4... then go back and graduate on the highest plan. I would think about normal college... but no. Taking my diploma and going to school for massage therapy seems much more appealing. If I have to work until I can learn to program well and put out a decent project, then I would rather be doing something I enjoy (as opposed to lifting bags of dog food every day... my whole body is sore).

What the hell is a "GED" ?

GED = [b]G[b]ood [b]E[b]nough [b]D[b]iploma

Not really, because G.E.D.s are less accepted than a Diploma.

Just found out today that I'm being sent to do work experience in an internet-type company i.e. java,VbScript,html,asp. Not good.
[rant]
I was hoping for a more bricks-and-mortar type setup. I mean anyone can do web pages these days right? So it's not the best kind of job to get into because there's a hell of a lot of people out there, just waiting to take your job away.
Pure programming would have been better (dirty C, smelly VB, disgusting COBOL etc.)
Well, at least it's something to put on my CV(resume for our american friends).
[/rant]

I don't see why people can invest themselves in school and get a High School Diploma like they should.

I think you wanted to say "cannot". Since I agree with you on the matter I shall not quote.

I would like to ask: What is an Highschool exactly? Is that something like College/University? Can you get an academic grade there? I am a bit confused because of the word "Diploma".
(Sorry)

Listen: I went to school 13 years to be allowed to go to University. Germany, see. "Highschool" means in the translation to German "Hochschule" which can be either a College or a University.

BTW: In Germany, the school on which you go before College or a University is called "Gymnasium", but that is not a trainings room, its the highest school type in germany before Uni/College.

When most english-speaking people say "high school" they mean the school you go to before college/university.

Well, pete, if i'm not mistaken, in Deutschland, our high school, is what you would call the Gymnasium, I'm not too sure on this, but i forget a lot of my german class.

I personally would describe it as an advanced school for students who are nearly ready to graduate, having spent 9-12 years in school.

Kindergarten... where we play with crayons all day.

K-6th Grade = Elementary School
7&8th Grade = Middle School / Junior High
9-12th Grade = High School

So yeah, that's 13 years. That's how it worked at my first three schools. However, when I went to my fourth school system, I found out they included 6th in Junior High.

Graduating the 12th grade does yield a diploma and even a gayass little ceremony. It basically says, "Congratulations, you are hereby certified qualified to change tires for a living."

If for whatever reason you can't/didn't finish high school you can get a GED. Places are legally required to regard the GED the same as a Diploma but they don't. It won't cost you a job but it might cost you a little respect.

I passed the GED when I was 14. I got the highest score in the room and everyone in there ranged from 18 to 34 (I couldn't even put my age on the test, there was no 8 dot to fill in for birthyear). Michigan law prohibits anyone going to college unless they're old enough to live on the campus. So I was forced back to a gangsta school system where I was beaten daily for being white, until I moved. Then I was in a Christian school system and all I did was fuck around and break the law. I ended up dropping out for several reasons... not the least of which was my cocaine addict ex-girlfriend that started doing her damnedest to get me kicked out anyway.

Last I heard she got caught at a tollbooth with $40,000 in stolen cash and was placed under house arrest. I hope she o.d.'s and chokes to death on her tongue.

Heh. 9th grade is in Junior High around here, which is really disorienting because I just screwed around like in 7th and 8th grade so I failed a lot of my classes. Then the next year, I found that I could have earned permanant credits in that grade. So basicaly, I nearly screwed myself over. OOPS.

I guess that helps to explain why I still have to earn 4 more credits. BUT I WILL GET THEM GODDAMNIT!!!

Heheh.

"Is Katie still a cutie? Find out a classmates.com!"

Heheh.

The funny thing is, the girl in that picture is probably dead.

The funny thing is that at my 10 year reunion, no one will remember who I am, except my friends...but they will probably have all died of poverty by then...same with me, probably.

The funny thing is that at my 10 year reunion, no one will remember who I am, except my friends...but they will probably have all died of poverty by then...same with me, probably.

Heh, true. Nobody's gonna remember me at our 10 year reunion. That is, if I even go. I have no real desire to see any of those people again. I'll just be a footnote in the "Whereabouts unknown" section of the programme.

I have exactly two fond memories of high school: The first day of freshman year (optimism) and the last day of senior finals (relief).

In Canadianastan, grades K-8 are elementary, and 9-13 are high school.

I'm in 12 right now and I'm taking some gr13 courses, and they're fucking hard. You see, the general populace of Ontario voted for the conservatives, and the leader basically fucked around with the whole education system, not to mention healthcare and everything else. So he eliminated grade 13 for the grades below me.

...So two years worth of classes will be graduating at the same time. Way to go Mike Harris ya cretin!