Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
JavaGuy

bloody hell

Nobody can help me now... all the more reason to complain about it. I finally got Windows 98 back after long and painful searching and dealing the many thousands of errors. Now I STILL can't use the csdLauncher to play Doom online because it either causes a fatal error or connects and then sits there waiting for me to type in a command. Well, I tell you, screw Microsoft and it's damned yuppies. Could it have anything to do with the fact that I'm using the "Classic" three pack?

I used IDE. Ok, now I'm connected, and I'm in and all, but all the floors and ceilings are pink and blue checker patterns, and the screen does the same thing that happens when you use idclip to go through walls. Why can't things be simple?!!!!!? Oh, right... if anything actually worked right on my computer the structure of the universe would fracture sending all living organisms into a large black hole.

Never mind, somebody helped me already. I played my first real Doom online game. It's more fun than even HALO, which was my favorite video game. Doom certainly does kick ass.

Alright, I need help AGAIN. When I use CS DOOM, I want to play Dwango5 games, but on get onto the screen with all the commands and loading lines on it, and it will say CONNECTED or CHRISKILLEM has entered game, and then not go into the game. It'll just sit there. What's up with that? Also, instead of that, sometimes my computer will just say that CSDoom or ZDaemon made an illegal operation and will be shut down. But that crap never tells you anything. Any suggestions?

Alright, I need help AGAIN. When I use CS DOOM, I want to play Dwango5 games, but on get onto the screen with all the commands and loading lines on it, and it will say CONNECTED or CHRISKILLEM has entered game, and then not go into the game. It'll just sit there. What's up with that? Also, instead of that, sometimes my computer will just say that CSDoom or ZDaemon made an illegal operation and will be shut down. But that crap never tells you anything. Any suggestions?

yeah, it's called 'shit netcode'.

yeah, it's called 'shit netcode'.

Thanks for the help....

Someone mentioned that my problems might be due to my ping number. What's a good number to have? I thought the lower the better. My ping number in around 150 usually.

I'm having troubles with both. I tried deleting doom, installing it again, and getting all new files of CSDOOM, IDE, and zDoom 1.23 beta. And still the problems are there. I'll give a list of the number of things that happen:

1. I get to the loading screen, but the command line says "connected" and waits for me to type in command.

2.It says connected and then ChrisKillem has entered game, but still waits for me to type in a command.

3.At the end-of-level frag screen, I can aim up and down a minute, but do nothing else, and then I get kicked off.

4.Sometimes in the middle of the game I will get kicked off.

With all of these errors, afterwards my computer will give me a screen saying
"CSDoom has caused an illegal operation and will be shut down."
In details, it says
"DoomCL cause invalid page fault in modual DoomCL.exe"

How can I fix this?

There's your answer 1.23 beta get 1.22 you can only play using 1.22 really at the moment

My ping number in around 150 usually.

oh boohoo, i have to live with over 270.

According to sources, the "DoomCL caused page fault etc." means that my computer is trying to write to a place it's not allowed to write. Maybe that'll give somebody a clue.

With all of these errors, afterwards my computer will give me a screen saying
"CSDoom has caused an illegal operation and will be shut down."
In details, it says
"DoomCL cause invalid page fault in modual DoomCL.exe"

How can I fix this?

heh, it's simple: take source code of csdoom, remove all these errors we are all bored with, make exe's (and dont forget to give them us :)

I'd try out Zdaemon next. I've played csdoom and Zdaemon and both work OK usually but I've had fewer problems with zdaemon. Ping 150 is not a problem. Some folks play OK with over 400 ping. Crashing back to Windows is pretty common too. One way to cause crashes is to set the csdoom or zdaemon server up with cl_bloodtype 1 in the zdoom.cfg file, or for clients to have their cl_bloodtype set to 1. Set them to 0.
Next thing, be sure that you always have the wad file being played, and that csdoom or zdaemon launcher is configured to the correct path to the wad, unless you put the wad in the csdoom or zdaemon directory.
Installing / uninstalling doom is of no consequence, the only doom file used by csdoom or zdaemon is the main wad file, doom.wad or doom2.wad. Hope something here helps.

More - I see that there may be confusion about zdoom 1.22, 1.23 and the client-server ports. You do NOT need any copy of zdoom at all to play csdoom or zdaemon. Csdoom and zdaemon are based on, coded on top of, zdoom 1.22. All you need is doom2.wad typically, and I mean the one from DOS doom2, version 1.9. File date in 1995. I do not know if you can use the doom2.wad from Doom95, file date in 1996, with csdoom or zdaemon, have never got anyone to comment on that.