Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DeathevokatioN

Ronnie James Dio passes away

"It is official Wendy Dio confirms that indeed Ronnie James Dio dies. The god of Metal has passed away at 7:45AM, Sunday May 16, 2010.

Here is the official statement from Wendy Dio found at Ronnie Dios official website, ronniejamesdio.com:

“Today my heart is broken, Ronnie passed away at 7:45am 16th May. Many, many friends and family were able to say their private good-byes before he peacefully passed away. Ronnie knew how much he was loved by all. We so appreciate the love and support that you have all given us. Please give us a few days of privacy to deal with this terrible loss. Please know he loved you all and his music will live on forever.”

Earlier today we wrote an article about the rumors that Ronnie James Dio had died. The rumors which was earlier verified as false started via Wikipedia and spread on Twitter that Ronnie James Dio had died. He is suffering from stomach cancer and is undergoing heavy chemotherapy.

Wendy encourages fans, fellow rock artists and other to leave their message of condolences for Ronnie James Dio at his Facebook fan page at http://www.facebook.com/OfficialRonnieJamesDio.As of this writing there is close to 2,000 comments already posted.

Indeed Ronnie James Dio will be missed. He had live a life dedicated to his craft and kind of music. His every move and song was done to the fulfillment and upliftment of metal music."

Rest in Peace brother, you will be missed.

It wasn't looking good when they had to abruptly cancel their Euro tour. I was looking forward to seeing that little guy run around the stage. Most youngsters didn't have that kind of energy when performing.

That prick Osbourne had nothing on this guy.

If he could, I'm sure he would attempt to claim that he invented dying. I'm not a big fan, but I'll at least grant him a "RIP".

Frezetta and Dio both gone. It's like the cover and the album of heavy metal both just disappeared.

Coopersville said:

If he could, I'm sure he would attempt to claim that he invented dying. I'm not a big fan, but I'll at least grant him a "RIP".

The obituary thread for a well-regarded musician is not an appropriate place to make snide remarks.

Oh noes... I didn't know this till I saw this thread. :( RIP DIO!

Bank said:

Frezetta and Dio both gone. It's like the cover and the album of heavy metal both just disappeared.

Frank Frazetta is my favorite artist... was sad to hear he died. RIP Frazetta!

Coopersville said:

If he could, I'm sure he would attempt to claim that he invented dying.

and we would smile, nod, and say "that is fucking metal" in complete agreement.

RIP RJD.

I m honestly on the verge of tears. I saw him live during the Heaven and Hell tour.

RIP :(

Mr. Freeze said:

I m honestly on the verge of tears. I saw him live during the Heaven and Hell tour.

RIP :(

He went out on a high note.

Saw the Heaven and Hell tour. Crazy night. My buddy's dad didn't want him going with me so his dad is chasing us around in a big-ass Caddy, tryin' to cut us off. We got there. Main floor, 4th row!
The world is full of kings and queens...
Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams...
It's Heaven and Hell.

I was just about to make a thread about this. Well good to know there's already one so I don't have to. Rainbow In The Dark is one of the greatest songs in the history of hard rock. I liked plenty of Dio's other songs too. R.I.P., man. At least you're up in a happier place now, and when I get to Heaven, you'll help keep things rocking!

Some Fucker started a rumor on may 15 that he was dead that afternoon. I wanna find out who that fucker was. Internet rumors are such bullshit. RIP Dio :(

Csonicgo said:

Some Fucker started a rumor on may 15 that he was dead that afternoon. I wanna find out who that fucker was. Internet rumors are such bullshit. RIP Dio :(

Ironically I would have preferred that rumor, even though it irritated me too, at the time. Farewell Dio. May the dragon known as cancer have his cockles sliced by a long and shiny blade.

If there would be a god, these guys would burn in hell anyways for preaching hatred.