Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sharessa

Doomworld Jazz Thread

Yeah, let's post some jazz videos up in this bitch! Personally, I'm into jazz fusion and not that pussy smooth jazz crap.

Also awesome is Miles Davis, Soft Machine, Chick Corea, The Mahavishnu Orchestra, and Weather Report.

These are from my brother's band organissimo. If you like them, check out the website, and buy CDs!! My brother plays Hammond B3. Okay end of shameless plug.

I've got two CD's of this guy's stuff. He kicks ass with a Hammond.

Okay, so Koop doesn't technically count because their songs consist (almost) entirely of samples from other records, but it's still impressive what they do with them, and the resulting songs are catchy as hell.

ooh, chameleon. Good one. Haven't really listened to frank zappa, but I think I'll change that, heh. Other ones aren't bad, but not what I go for. Prefer bebop, funk, latin, fast-paced ftw heh. A little blues every so often too. I played alto sax from middle school through hs and a few years of college, I could actually play the opening to koko at speed, but never went on cause I didn't put much effort into soloing. Not gonna link santanna for latin just 'cause everyone knows him. And I'll just link the ost for cowboy bebop.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUTMw7rEsDk

Always liked the fast version of this one (which apparently was how they played it in concert through the mid-1960s):

I see Chameleon's already been posted; it's been my new favourite song for the last year or so. The surround version on the Head Hunters SACD is quite awesome...

I’m French and I mostly like… Tada… French jazz: Magma and Christian Vander, Henri Texier and friends, Daniel Goyone… Miles Davis, Jeff Beck, Steps ahead.

What is the secret to embedding youtuber videos? Maybe I got it right but 'preview reply' doesn't show it... beats the fuck out of me. I've tried

and everything else I could think of and also checked the FAQ and even did a search on the forum.. I give up. Also asked the same question before and got no reply. Not that it matters much.

Anyhow here we go... :P

Benny Goodman - Roll Em

Ted Heath - Flying Home

Not sure if this Grooveshark link will work. Had to sign up just to get the stupid share link.. I fukken love this version of the song tho.

Jeff Healey - Star Dust

I love Al DiMeola. I play flamenco guitar myself. Anyone heard of Paco DeLucia? He's a fuckin' legend. Here's a video of one of my favorites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxodluTaz4g

If you like that one, get the album "Friday Night in San Fransisco" He and Al DiMeola do a medley of both that and "Mediterranean Sundance"

Also, Michel Camilo is a really good Dominican Pianist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mkLoSqqvq8&feature=related

Enjoy!

Doom Dude said:

What is the secret to embedding youtuber videos?

Use the YT tag, you only need the video string ID at the end in between them.

Thanks muchly Mr Chris.

DoomHero85 said:

I play flamenco guitar myself. Anyone heard of Paco DeLucia? He's a fuckin' legend.

Yes, he is great! That's awesome you play Flamenco guitar.

Also enjoy these guys..

DoomHero85 said:

I love Al DiMeola. I play flamenco guitar myself. Anyone heard of Paco DeLucia?

Here's the same song (I think) with John Mclaughlin thrown in:

Of course, Al is severely out-classed by the others. His jizzing at about 2:50 is hilarious.

And now for something completely different:

This recording kind of sucks compared to the CD or seeing them live, but whatever:

I just bought a DVD of "Emerson, Lake & Palmer @ Montreaux Jazz Festival". Keith Emerson is fucking ridiculous on the piano.

ducon said:

I’m French and I mostly like… Tada… French jazz: Magma and Christian Vander, Henri Texier and friends, Daniel Goyone… Miles Davis, Jeff Beck, Steps ahead.

How about Jean-Luc Ponty?

And here he is with Frank Zappa doing one of my favorite Zappa pieces.

BOLLOCKS, I thought this said "Doomworld JIZZ thread" and eagerly opened it up expecting to see a picture of Joss Stone getting what for. Then all I get is a load of videos with men playing instruments. Still, a wank's a wank.

Danarchy said:

How about Jean-Luc Ponty?

I know his name, I know that he played with Eddy Louiss (and Frank Zappa), but that’s all.

I fucking love that song, Fraggle. Actually, that whole album is pretty sweet.