Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Swec

I did something to my doom settings.

Hello!

I was playing 'The Ghoul's Forest 2 - ST Edition' for like 3 weeks ago and when i played it i was told of the wad to type in a code.

no when i play 'normal' Wad's i get weird effects and things. and i don't remember what i was changing.. any 1 know what to type in to get it back to normal?

//Martin

...well, if you don't know what you typed, who knows? What weird effects are happening? You could always just delete your configuration file

What was the command it had you enter? Supplying actual information when asking for help is a good start.

you shouldn't listen to people when they tell you to type stuff in your console.

magicsofa said:

You could always just delete your configuration file

That. It's the simplest solution.

E.g., from the title of the mod, I'm guessing the port you used is Skulltag. Then find and delete the skulltag-swec.ini file that's in the same directory as skulltag.exe.

40oz: i was stupid to do that :P hehe

I was using GZDOOM

what is was typing in i don't remember.

thanks for the help but i think i should reinstall it.

//Martin

If it was an onscreen message in the wad you were playing that gave you the instruction (your post seems to suggest this), then play the wad again and read what it says. Then it should be possible to work out how to reverse it.

If it doesn't produce this message again (because you have already followed its instructions), then hide your ini file from it and try again.

Of course, if you don't have any customizations or settings in your ini file that you spent time creating, then, as people have said, just delete the ini and start again. No need to reinstall anything.

I recall these WADs required you to manually disable/enable some things in the GL renderer, but I had no idea that console commands could have permanent effects on config files :-S