Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DuckReconMajor

Call of Duty: Black Ops trailer

Since this game isn't made by Infinity Ward, and I'm still pissed about the Activision/IW incident, I probably wont buy this game.

The fact that infinity ward isn't making this one is more reason for me to get it. Still not getting it.

Normally I wouldn't care...

Transcribing what my ears heard when watching the trailer:

"Call of Dookie. Derp de derp. Derp de derpity derpy derp. Until one day, the derpa derpa derpaderp. Derp de derp, da teedily dumb. From the creators of Der, and Tum Ta Tittaly Tum Ta Too, Call of Dookie is Da Derp Dee Derp Da Teetley Derpee Derpee Dumb rated PG18"

Me neither...

Yeah I don't think the voice over really helped. It was so cliched that I just tuned it out. It's also hard to discern if this is a cutscene or gameplay, which makes it rather pointless.

At least they got the date of birth thing right. There's so many of those let you enter anything and don't care. Good old web 2.0, where the most memorable thing about a web-page is that it functioned properly.

Treyarch has already said that the Commando Perk will not be in Multiplayer, so that enough makes me want to buy it. I still have not played World at War, though.

AveryMaurice said:

Since this game isn't made by Infinity Ward, and I'm still pissed about the Activision/IW incident, I probably wont buy this game.

I haven't kept track, can IW even be considered IW anymore with most of the 'original cast' having left/been removed. If anything Treyarch might soon be the dev team with the most CoD experience. At least this trailer looked more coherent then the ones for MW2.

Unfortunately I'll have to sit this one out just like everything since CoD4 for lack of time and hardware. Also I'm getting tired of all the drama from publishers/DRM/pirates/DoS attacks and I'm not in a rush to make time or spend money on hardware for big name titles in this climate. I know this isn't the place but when pirates have a better gaming experience then paying customers something needs to change... my turn I guess.

P.S. I liked the crashing through the window parts.

Didn't buy MW2 and I'm proud of that, because the campaign sucked. Probably won't buy this one either, but knowing me I'll still somehow find a way to play it and determine that it sucks as well.

Looks OK, the whole helicopter getting shot down thing was cool when it happened in Opposing Force (1999)... then Black Hawk Down (2002)... now I would be more impressed if a helicopter landing took place WITHOUT your helicopter getting shot down by an RPG.

Innovation

SP campaign will be forgettable. MP will be a blast.

Foresee the future, I can.

Guest DILDOMASTER666
caco_killer said:

Treyarch has already said that the Commando Perk will not be in Multiplayer, so that enough makes me want to buy it

Kids these days so sure of buying games solely because it's the next iteration in a beaten-to-death franchise that has been dumbed down because pussy players from the previous iteration complained about one feature.

What the fuck happened?

I'll probably do what I did with Call of Duty World at War and Modern Warfare 2. I'll go ahead and let one of my friends buy it, borrow it, play it until I either beat it which will probably only take a couple of hours, or get to a part that's just so frustrating that I don't even want to bother continuing to play.

Fisk said:

Kids these days so sure of buying games solely because it's the next iteration in a beaten-to-death franchise that has been dumbed down because pussy players from the previous iteration complained about one feature.

What the fuck happened?

Getting rid of the Commando perk would not dumb down COD multiplayer at all, it would only make it better. I'm not going to buy the game just because of that, though. That would be stupid and wasteful.

Guest DILDOMASTER666
caco_killer said:

Getting rid of the Commando perk would not dumb down COD multiplayer at all, it would only make it better. I'm not going to buy the game just because of that, though. That would be stupid and wasteful.

You do see my point though, right?

See, the AK47 is just so powerful, we might as well remove that weapon. Grenade launchers are stupid too, let's take that out. Undermount shotguns? Fuck that. Stopping power? That's way unfair.

Fisk said:

See, the AK47 is just so powerful, we might as well remove that weapon. Grenade launchers are stupid too, let's take that out. Undermount shotguns? Fuck that. Stopping power? That's way unfair.

I understand that, but this Commando we are talking about here. You can teleport right through bullets and stab somebody with ease. It is practically impossible to dodge.

Here's a question,what happened to the call of duty based in viatnam?

You see,I have nothing against treyarch,but I will not be buying this game for one reason,Im not giving a single fucking penny to activision.Im not giving my money to a company that takes company that charges me 60 dollors for the new song list on guitar hero games,when they can put it up on the virtual market for 40 bucks cheeper and end up having more people buy it,instead they rather scam the money out of you.And its funny that they immediately turn to treyarch(Who made a sub-par WW2 game that people only bought to shoot up undead nazis) to make a new call of duty game,this proves that they dont really care about the quality of the game,just if it sells.That is why if this game comes out I suggest you not buy the game for a couple of reasons

A.for respect for infinity ward who actually put EFFORT into their own game and as soon as they annouced that they wern't gonna make another call of duty game,Activision started teminating half the fucking company

B.The graphics shown in the trailer look really terrible.

C.Funny how activision somehow convinced treyarch to switch from nam to modern warfare.

Thats really All i have to say

trooper077 said:

A.for respect for infinity ward who actually put EFFORT into their own game

Even if WaW is only played for the Nazi zombies, it is still played quite a bit. That takes effort.

trooper077 said:

Activision started teminating half the fucking company

Activision only fired West and Zampella. The rest quit on their own.

trooper077 said:

B.The graphics shown in the trailer look really terrible.

I thought gameplay > graphics was law here. Not to mention Treyarch are the ones who have had the decency to port their games to Wii. They even ported Call of Duty 4!

trooper077 said:

C.Funny how activision somehow convinced treyarch to switch from nam to modern warfare.

It's set during the Cold War, which includes Vietnam. Not to mention the SR-71 was retired from service in 1998.

Fisk said:

This reminds me of the beta of Warcraft III, so bad ass... the creeps had small outposts which spawned more creeps, and would wonder around the map and attack players, ofcourse you could destroy their outpost and you'd get rewarded. They didn't have massive armies though, but it added a randomness factor to gameplay which made it more interesting. Then it all got taken off because people moaned to Blizzard. Pretty lame if you ask me.

Call of Duty: Black Ops
Starcraft 2
Mafia 2

Hopefully one of these games will become a perpetuity hit!

News: Presumably, there will be cheats for Call Of Duty: Black Ops, because Call Of Duty 4 had cheats too. Mafia 2 won't have cheats I think, because part 01 didn't have them. And Star Craft 2 doesn't need cheats, they are out of business, because mainly it is a multiplayer online game (yep, I didn't like the singleplayer campaigns), but Star Craft 1 had cheats.

EDIT: There are cheats for Mafia 1, but they are hard to find on the internet!

How come Call of Duty can get away with being so popular without any new innovation at all? At least other popular shooters try to be somewhat creative. Even games like the original Resistance try to have some originality like creative weapons. I've seen so many shooters that play exactly like Call of Duty called stale or boring I just can't tell why people still like Call of Duty. I'm even more amazed how games like Mirrors Edge were poorly received, where even though gameplay wasn't perfect, it was still different and fairly fun since there aren't any other games like it. At least they tried to be different.